two programs, 1 stream was being recorded to two files.

Any comments on this?

James
Re: Clashes on same channel [ In reply to ]
> I have configured MythTV using mythfrontend to globally record 60 seconds each
> side of my programs, just to make sure I don't miss the first few seconds of a
> program, which I did see happening sometimes.
>
> However this seems to cause recording failures when I want to record 2
> consecutive shows on the *same channel*.
>
> Does anyone have any workarounds for this? Whilst not being a developer myself,
> it seems logical to enhance the scheduler so that it will not fail a recording
> if it is *already* recording the correct channel, albeit for another show.

There was lots of discussion on this late last year and this behaviour
is deliberate and I don't believe there are plans to change it. To be
honest, the best way to solve it is to get a 2nd tuner card. That's
what I did.

Regards,
Phill
Re: Clashes on same channel [ In reply to ]
Quoting Phill Edwards <philledwards@gmail.com>:

> > Does anyone have any workarounds for this? Whilst not being a developer
> myself,
> > it seems logical to enhance the scheduler so that it will not fail a
> recording
> > if it is *already* recording the correct channel, albeit for another show.
>
> There was lots of discussion on this late last year and this behaviour
> is deliberate and I don't believe there are plans to change it. To be
> honest, the best way to solve it is to get a 2nd tuner card. That's
> what I did.

Thanks for the response. Actually, it seemed I might have made a mistake. On the
shows I scheduled, I explicitly specified the start and end offset in addition
with the global setting.

I just tried it again without specifying any special settings in the recording
schedule and it seemed to work. Will do some more testing though.

Cheers
James
Re: Clashes on same channel [ In reply to ]
On 5/12/05, jamesp@hisser.org <jamesp@hisser.org> wrote:
> Quoting Phill Edwards <philledwards@gmail.com>:
>
> > > Does anyone have any workarounds for this? Whilst not being a developer
> > myself,
> > > it seems logical to enhance the scheduler so that it will not fail a
> > recording
> > > if it is *already* recording the correct channel, albeit for another show.
> >
> > There was lots of discussion on this late last year and this behaviour
> > is deliberate and I don't believe there are plans to change it. To be
> > honest, the best way to solve it is to get a 2nd tuner card. That's
> > what I did.
>
> Thanks for the response. Actually, it seemed I might have made a mistake. On the
> shows I scheduled, I explicitly specified the start and end offset in addition
> with the global setting.
>
> I just tried it again without specifying any special settings in the recording
> schedule and it seemed to work. Will do some more testing though.

That's basically how it's supposed to work. The global settings will
record the extra minute only if the extra time doesn't conflict with
another show. The per show padding will record the extra minute no
matter what, even if it causes a conflict.

--
I probably still have a few (well, now a whole bunch) gmail invites.
Drop me a line (off list) if you'd like an account.