https://nicegear.co.nz/dvb-cards/silicondust-hdhomerun/

I have an earlier model and find it very good. There is a strong NZ
connection, it's ultimately a NZ company
(http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hdhomerun).

I have no connection with Hadley's company other than being an
enthusiastic customer. I should disclose that I did introduce Hadley
to the Australians, but I have no knowledge of, and no financial
interest in, their arrangements.

Re: HD Homerun available again in NZ [ In reply to ]
On 16/07/12 13:57, Nick Rout wrote:
> I am very pleased to announce that there is now a web based supplier
> of the HD Homerun in New Zealand. Our very own Hadley Rich has come to
> an arrangement with the Australian suppliers, who were previously
> having problems finding a reliable NZ stockist. It has therefore been
> quite difficult to get an HDHR in NZ for a while now. No longer:
>
> https://nicegear.co.nz/dvb-cards/silicondust-hdhomerun/
>
> I have an earlier model and find it very good. There is a strong NZ
> connection, it's ultimately a NZ company
> (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hdhomerun).

Thanks very much Nick!

It seems a bit wrong that we have to buy a product from a NZ company
through Australia :)

Cheers,

hads
--
http://nice.net.nz

Re: HD Homerun available again in NZ [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 2:03 PM, Hadley Rich <hads@nice.net.nz> wrote:
> On 16/07/12 13:57, Nick Rout wrote:
>>
>> I am very pleased to announce that there is now a web based supplier
>> of the HD Homerun in New Zealand. Our very own Hadley Rich has come to
>> an arrangement with the Australian suppliers, who were previously
>> having problems finding a reliable NZ stockist. It has therefore been
>> quite difficult to get an HDHR in NZ for a while now. No longer:
>>
>> https://nicegear.co.nz/dvb-cards/silicondust-hdhomerun/
>>
>> I have an earlier model and find it very good. There is a strong NZ
>> connection, it's ultimately a NZ company
>> (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hdhomerun).
>

> Thanks very much Nick!
>
> It seems a bit wrong that we have to buy a product from a NZ company through
> Australia :)

The irony had not escaped me either!

Re: HD Homerun available again in NZ [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 14:21:02 +1200, Nick Rout <nick.rout@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 2:03 PM, Hadley Rich <hads@nice.net.nz> wrote:
>> On 16/07/12 13:57, Nick Rout wrote:
>>>
>>> I am very pleased to announce that there is now a web based supplier
>>> of the HD Homerun in New Zealand. Our very own Hadley Rich has come to
>>> an arrangement with the Australian suppliers, who were previously
>>> having problems finding a reliable NZ stockist. It has therefore been
>>> quite difficult to get an HDHR in NZ for a while now. No longer:
>>>
>>> https://nicegear.co.nz/dvb-cards/silicondust-hdhomerun/
>>>
>>> I have an earlier model and find it very good. There is a strong NZ
>>> connection, it's ultimately a NZ company
>>> (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hdhomerun).
>>

>> Thanks very much Nick!
>>
>> It seems a bit wrong that we have to buy a product from a NZ company
>> through
>> Australia :)
>
> The irony had not escaped me either!

I have a question regarding the HDHomerun.I'm considering getting one to
provide a 3rd (and 4th) tuner for my system.
I'm in a marginal DVB-T signal area and the PVR 2200 tuner I'm using is
adequate 99% of the time.Do the HDHomerun tuners appear to be more or less
sensitive that the average PCIe tuner card?

Cheers

Paul

Re: HD Homerun available again in NZ [ In reply to ]
On 16/07/12 15:48, Paulgir wrote:
> I'm in a marginal DVB-T signal area and the PVR 2200 tuner I'm using is
> adequate 99% of the time.Do the HDHomerun tuners appear to be more or
> less sensitive that the average PCIe tuner card?

I've got both an HVR-2200 and an HDHomeRun in use here, the HDHomeRun
seems to be slightly better than the HVR-2200 in that respect.

For a while there were issues with the signal strength here and the
HVR-2200 had more problems with it that the HDHomeRun. Not sure what
others have seen, YMMV etc.

hads
--
Hadley Rich
http://nice.net.nz

Re: HD Homerun available again in NZ [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 15:56:43 +1200, Hadley Rich <hads@nice.net.nz> wrote:

> On 16/07/12 15:48, Paulgir wrote:
>> I'm in a marginal DVB-T signal area and the PVR 2200 tuner I'm using is
>> adequate 99% of the time.Do the HDHomerun tuners appear to be more or
>> less sensitive that the average PCIe tuner card?
>
> I've got both an HVR-2200 and an HDHomeRun in use here, the HDHomeRun
> seems to be slightly better than the HVR-2200 in that respect.
>
> For a while there were issues with the signal strength here and the
> HVR-2200 had more problems with it that the HDHomeRun. Not sure what
> others have seen, YMMV etc.
>
> hads

That's good to hear.I will be getting one in the not too distant future.
As well as putting the antenna on a 18 metre mast.

Cheers

Re: HD Homerun available again in NZ [ In reply to ]
> On 16/07/12 15:48, Paulgir wrote:
>> I'm in a marginal DVB-T signal area and the PVR 2200 tuner I'm using is
>> adequate 99% of the time.Do the HDHomerun tuners appear to be more or
>> less sensitive that the average PCIe tuner card?
>
> I've got both an HVR-2200 and an HDHomeRun in use here, the HDHomeRun
> seems to be slightly better than the HVR-2200 in that respect.
>
> For a while there were issues with the signal strength here and the
> HVR-2200 had more problems with it that the HDHomeRun. Not sure what
> others have seen, YMMV etc.
>
> hads

Does the HDHomeRun have a DVB-S option? We are in a non-T area, &
currently have a dedicated full-blown server with 2 x SkyStar II cards
as a backend. Always on the lookout for something a little less
power-hungry (& quieter too!).
Cheers
Noel
Re: HD Homerun available again in NZ [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 11:42 PM, Noel & Diane <noel@igrin.co.nz> wrote:
>> On 16/07/12 15:48, Paulgir wrote:
>>> I'm in a marginal DVB-T signal area and the PVR 2200 tuner I'm using is
>>> adequate 99% of the time.Do the HDHomerun tuners appear to be more or
>>> less sensitive that the average PCIe tuner card?
>>
>> I've got both an HVR-2200 and an HDHomeRun in use here, the HDHomeRun
>> seems to be slightly better than the HVR-2200 in that respect.
>>
>> For a while there were issues with the signal strength here and the
>> HVR-2200 had more problems with it that the HDHomeRun. Not sure what
>> others have seen, YMMV etc.
>>
>> hads
>
> Does the HDHomeRun have a DVB-S option? We are in a non-T area, & currently
> have a dedicated full-blown server with 2 x SkyStar II cards as a backend.
> Always on the lookout for something a little less power-hungry (& quieter
> too!).

No, 'fraid not.