Mailing List Archive

Daylight Saving ?Missing recordings in Mythweb
Hi

I still don't think I've got my DST setting correct as mythweb does not
show today, TV One:
1:00pm Triathlon - Contact Tri TV
1:30pm Sailing - Volvo Ocean Race

Instead I have:
1:30pm Dog Squad PGR (An hour late)
2:00pm Motorcycling - NZ Motocross (Correct)

I should have:
12:30pm Dog Squad PGR
1:00pm Triathlon - Contact Tri TV
1:30pm Sailing - Volvo Ocean Race
2:00pm Motorcycling - NZ Motocross

mythfilldatabase autoran at 06:00.

What are other people seeing in mythweb?

Re: Daylight Saving ?Missing recordings in Mythweb [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 11:56 AM, tortise <tortise@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I still don't think I've got my DST setting correct as mythweb does not show
> today, TV One:
> 1:00pm  Triathlon - Contact Tri TV
> 1:30pm  Sailing - Volvo Ocean Race
>
> Instead I have:
> 1:30pm  Dog Squad PGR  (An hour late)
> 2:00pm  Motorcycling - NZ Motocross (Correct)
>
> I should have:
> 12:30pm         Dog Squad PGR
> 1:00pm  Triathlon - Contact Tri TV
> 1:30pm  Sailing - Volvo Ocean Race
> 2:00pm  Motorcycling - NZ Motocross
>
> mythfilldatabase autoran at 06:00.
>
> What are other people seeing in mythweb?

Mine is correct and came through at 02:30 this morning.

Re: Daylight Saving ?Missing recordings in Mythweb [ In reply to ]
On 1/04/2012 11:56 a.m., tortise wrote:
> Hi
>
> I still don't think I've got my DST setting correct

I should have also said my timeoffset is set to auto.

Re: Daylight Saving ?Missing recordings in Mythweb [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 12:10 PM, tortise <tortise@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> On 1/04/2012 11:56 a.m., tortise wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I still don't think I've got my DST setting correct
>

> I should have also said my timeoffset is set to auto.

My 'TimeOffset', when I look in mythweb is seto to 'None'

Re: Daylight Saving ?Missing recordings in Mythweb [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 11:56 AM, tortise <tortise@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I still don't think I've got my DST setting correct as mythweb does not show
> today, TV One:
> 1:00pm  Triathlon - Contact Tri TV
> 1:30pm  Sailing - Volvo Ocean Race
>
> Instead I have:
> 1:30pm  Dog Squad PGR  (An hour late)
> 2:00pm  Motorcycling - NZ Motocross (Correct)
>
> I should have:
> 12:30pm         Dog Squad PGR
> 1:00pm  Triathlon - Contact Tri TV
> 1:30pm  Sailing - Volvo Ocean Race
> 2:00pm  Motorcycling - NZ Motocross
>
> mythfilldatabase autoran at 06:00.
>
> What are other people seeing in mythweb?

you seem to get this problem every time.

what is your timezone set to?

Re: Daylight Saving ?Missing recordings in Mythweb [ In reply to ]
On 1/04/2012 12:15 p.m., Paul Kendall wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 12:10 PM, tortise<tortise@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
>> On 1/04/2012 11:56 a.m., tortise wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I still don't think I've got my DST setting correct
>>

>> I should have also said my timeoffset is set to auto.
>>

> My 'TimeOffset', when I look in mythweb is seto to 'None'

The text in the timeoffset setting is truncated and overflows, so I
guess I'll need to search the source code to find what it says.
Hopefully the http setup version will fix these issues.

I recall some NZ URL saying "auto" was the correct setting a very long
time ago....

I've corrected to None, re-rerun mythfilldatabase and now mythweb is
correct. Thanks Paul.

Re: Daylight Saving ?Missing recordings in Mythweb [ In reply to ]
On 1/04/2012 12:24 p.m., Nick Rout wrote:

> what is your timezone set to?

Thanks for replying Nick, as you ask it is set to auckland (and always
has been).

Re: Daylight Saving ?Missing recordings in Mythweb [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 12:34 PM, tortise <tortise@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> On 1/04/2012 12:15 p.m., Paul Kendall wrote:

>>> I should have also said my timeoffset is set to auto.
>>>

>> My 'TimeOffset', when I look in mythweb is seto to 'None'
>

> The text in the timeoffset setting is truncated and overflows, so I guess
> I'll need to search the source code to find what it says. Hopefully the http
> setup version will fix these issues.
>
> I recall some NZ URL saying "auto" was the correct setting a very long time
> ago....
>
> I've corrected to None, re-rerun mythfilldatabase and now mythweb is
> correct.  Thanks Paul.

No problem, glad I could help

Re: Daylight Saving ?Missing recordings in Mythweb [ In reply to ]
On 1/04/2012 12:34 p.m., tortise wrote:

> The text in the timeoffset setting is truncated and overflows, so I
> guess I'll need to search the source code to find what it says.
> Hopefully the http setup version will fix these issues.

If it helps anyone else I did the googling:

"In mythtv-setup, there's a setting:

Your Local Timezone (for XMLTV)
Used if the XMLTV data comes from a different timezone than your own.
This adjust the times in the XMLTV EPG data to compensate. 'Auto'
converts the XMLTV time to local time using your computer's timezone.
'None' ignores the XMLTV timezone, interpreting times as local. "

The last bit is not showing for me, I suppose changing fonts might make
it appear however I expect its fixed now, and if it ain't broke...

Re: Daylight Saving ?Missing recordings in Mythweb [ In reply to ]
Mine is ok as well