--
Criggie

http://criggie.dyndns.org/

Re: Acer RevoView RL100 for Mythfrontend? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 01 Apr 2011 18:00:19 +1300, you wrote:

>Acer Aspire RevoView RL100 PC, AMD Athlon II Neo K325B
>
>Anyone seen or played with one of these?
>
>http://www.ascent.co.nz/productspecification.aspx?ItemID=395271
>
>Got an interesting wireless keyboard pad thing with it, HDMI out, spdif
>out, etc.
>
>Should be under a grand+GST at retailers.

But will they sell it without Windows? That must be a fairly
substantial bit of the price.

Re: Acer RevoView RL100 for Mythfrontend? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 7:06 PM, Stephen Worthington
<stephen_agent@jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
> On Fri, 01 Apr 2011 18:00:19 +1300, you wrote:
>
>>Acer Aspire RevoView RL100 PC, AMD Athlon II Neo K325B
>>
>>Anyone seen or played with one of these?
>>
>>http://www.ascent.co.nz/productspecification.aspx?ItemID=395271
>>
>>Got an interesting wireless keyboard pad thing with it, HDMI out, spdif
>>out, etc.
>>
>>Should be under a grand+GST at retailers.

There is a review in a mag I bought in an idle moment a couple of
weeks ago- PC & Tech Authority (April 2011).

Only output is hdmi and it has spdif out. Has ion2 chipset, so should
run linux, but you'd want to be sure.

Were you thinking of running the built in software, which has dlna, or
installing linux and a real frontend? Come to think of it you could
use the built in software and run a windows frontend.

Damn expensive though compared to a revo or similar.