Mailing List Archive

Problem with xmltv-proc-nz and TMDB lookups
Hi all

Today we ran out of guide data. As I had not been closely watching the
data that probably means it started failing a week or so ago and had
been slowly running out.

I tracked down the issue to within xmltv-proc-nz when the Movies section
is enabled for TMDB lookups. This has been working perfectly (for many
months) until now. I get the following whenever it runs:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/xmltv-proc-nz", line 560, in <module>
processor(programme)
File "/usr/local/bin/xmltv-proc-nz", line 237, in __call__
results = tmdb.search(title)
File "/usr/local/bin/tmdb.py", line 275, in search
return mdb.search(name)
File "/usr/local/bin/tmdb.py", line 253, in search
for cur_result in etree.find("movies").findall("movie"):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'findall'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/xmltv-proc-nz", line 560, in <module>
processor(programme)
File "/usr/local/bin/xmltv-proc-nz", line 237, in __call__
results = tmdb.search(title)
File "/usr/local/bin/tmdb.py", line 275, in search
return mdb.search(name)
File "/usr/local/bin/tmdb.py", line 253, in search
for cur_result in etree.find("movies").findall("movie"):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'findall'
/tmp/listings-freeview.xml: Ran out of memory for input buffer at
/usr/lib/perl5/XML/Parser/Expat.pm line 469.


Disabling TMDB lookups results in a successful run of xmltv-proc-nz. I'm
using 0.5.7.

Any idea what's going on here? Is TMDB replying with an empty entry or
something? Can I do something about it?

Thanks

Ross

_______________________________________________
mythtvnz mailing list
mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
http://lists.ourshack.com/mailman/listinfo/mythtvnz
Archives http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/
Re: Problem with xmltv-proc-nz and TMDB lookups [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 2011-03-27 at 20:56 +1300, Ross Williamson wrote:
> Today we ran out of guide data. As I had not been closely watching the
> data that probably means it started failing a week or so ago and had
> been slowly running out.
>
> I tracked down the issue to within xmltv-proc-nz when the Movies section
> is enabled for TMDB lookups. This has been working perfectly (for many
> months) until now. I get the following whenever it runs:
[...]
> Any idea what's going on here? Is TMDB replying with an empty entry or
> something? Can I do something about it?

Hi Ross,

There appears to be some sort of error with what the tmdb.py library is
expecting from the website API. In the mean time you can work around it
by replacing the offending line with the following;

try:
results = tmdb.search(title)
except:
log.exception('Movies: TMDB problem searching')
return

I'll update the released version to have this soon.

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's Open Source Hardware Supplier


_______________________________________________
mythtvnz mailing list
mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
http://lists.ourshack.com/mailman/listinfo/mythtvnz
Archives http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/
Re: Problem with xmltv-proc-nz and TMDB lookups [ In reply to ]
> There appears to be some sort of error with what the tmdb.py library is
> expecting from the website API. In the mean time you can work around it
> by replacing the offending line with the following;
[..snip..]

Thanks Hadley!

Ross

_______________________________________________
mythtvnz mailing list
mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
http://lists.ourshack.com/mailman/listinfo/mythtvnz
Archives http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/