not a very good programmer.

Another thought, is have moderated record requests? Maybe that's not
necessary..
Re: Multi-User MythWeb [ In reply to ]
> I was just thinking if it's possible to add some multi-user features
> into mythweb?

This has been discussed before. The basic agreement is that though a
few people would probably use this feature, MOST people wouldn't, and it
would become an extra step to go through.

My todo list does have some basic userlevel stuff for controling basic
admin (schedules, recordings, etc) and advanced admin (channel editing,
etc), but nothing like you've mentioned.

> What I'm thinking of, is can I allow a few other people
> access to my mythweb server, but only allow them to schedule recordings
> at a certian level, defined per group, or per user, and possibly not
> allow recording at all? Also, allow them to only see their recordings,
> or recordings done at a certian level? Lastly, allowing users to
> download, or transcode and then download via the web server?

The problem with this is that it'd essentially require mythbackend to be
aware of mythweb's users.. Then we get into the whole issue of making
users log into mythfrontend so they can access their recording
schedules, etc., etc. It's just a bit much for a system designed as a
home PVR.

I'm not entirely against the idea (ie. you're welcome to fork mythweb
into a multiuser project, or contribute a patch if the whole thing could
be disabled via a config parameter), but I don't think it's the right
direction for the main project to go.

-Chris