Mailing List Archive

RfC: Easy to use interface for MythServices-API in Python3
Pull Request 198 and ticket #13620 extend the Python Bindings with an high
level interface to
the Services API.
See https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Services_API .

All features outlined in the ticket are implemented.

Four usage, please see the commit message, the description in the source
code,
or the 'tutorial.py' attached at the ticket.

Get the pull request:
- git clone https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git mythtv
- git checkout master
- git fetch origin pull/198/head:mythservices
- git checkout mythservices

If you want to try this interface locally, put the folder of
'mythtv/bindings/python/MythTV' in an empty folder and copy the
'tutorial.py'
in front of that folder. Python will chose this folder to import MythTV.

Comments, suggestions and questions are welcome.
Please use this thread or add a comment to the pull request.

Roland
Re: RfC: Easy to use interface for MythServices-API in Python3 [ In reply to ]
On 5/22/20 9:09 AM, Roland Ernst wrote:
> Pull Request 198 and ticket #13620 extend the Python Bindings with an high
> level interface to
> the Services API.
> See https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Services_API .
>
> All features outlined in the ticket are implemented.
>
> Four usage, please see the commit message, the description in the source
> code,
> or the 'tutorial.py' attached at the ticket.

> Comments, suggestions and questions are welcome.
> Please use this thread or add a comment to the pull request.

Roland,

Very interesting. Wondering of this could also be used to
replace the Wiki examples - but that's for another day.

Please comment on my tests attached. I'm missing the
way to print the response from things like GetHostName.

Bill