Mailing List Archive

Re: Android build Crashes after Updates to mythtv/external and required system libraries
On 08/05/2018 12:12 PM, David Hampton wrote:
> On Sun, 2018-08-05 at 12:00 -0400, David Hampton wrote:
>> On Sun, 2018-08-05 at 11:20 -0400, Peter Bennett wrote:
>>> The android version will no longer compile. It is failing because
>>> it
>>> cannot find samplerate or libbluray. There may be others, I don't
>>> know.
>>>
>>> The thing with android is, the build cannot use Linux packages that
>>> are
>>> installed by ansible. All of the libraries needed are built in the
>>> packaging code using makelibs.sh. If you have removed some
>>> libraries
>>> from the MythTV source, then we have to add code to makelibs.sh to
>>> download the source and compile it for android. For libbluray maybe
>>> we
>>> can just disable it in the configure step, but samplerate seems to
>>> be
>>> required. I did not get past this point in the compile, there may
>>> be
>>> others that are required.
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> I think I forgot to commit my packaging changes that build the
>> additional libraries for android. I know I had android compiling
>> here
>> before I committed my changes. I'll get back to you shortly.
> I just committed my changes to the packaging repository.
>
> David

I can build libraries, build mythtv and install.

Running mythfrontend from android gives the error "Your application
encountered a fatal error and cannot continue. There is no message in
the log that tells me what the problem is.

Log: https://pastebin.com/fVUUVa3N

Peter

Re: Android build Crashes after Updates to mythtv/external and required system libraries [ In reply to ]
On 8/6/2018 4:50 AM, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 08/05/2018 12:12 PM, David Hampton wrote:

>>> Hi Peter,
>>>
>>> I think I forgot to commit my packaging changes that build the
>>> additional libraries for android.  I know I had android compiling
>>> here
>>> before I committed my changes.  I'll get back to you shortly.
>> I just committed my changes to the packaging repository.

great! Saves me the trouble.
>> David
>>

> I can build libraries, build mythtv and install.
>
> Running mythfrontend from android gives the error "Your application
> encountered a fatal error and cannot continue. There is no message in
> the log that tells me what the problem is.
>
> Log: https://pastebin.com/fVUUVa3N
08-05 14:25:29.250 20805 20805 W System.err: Caused by:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dlopen failed: library "libbluray.so"
not found

This is the last invokation. must be a naming error or check in the apk
(unzip -l xxx.apk) that it exists.

add the new so's to the mythfrontend pro file, otherwise they arent
installed. name has probably changed (no myth prefix probably).

Ill investigate this sometime during the day at work.

HTH
Mark

Re: Android build Crashes after Updates to mythtv/external and required system libraries [ In reply to ]
On 08/05/2018 06:28 PM, Mark Spieth wrote:
> On 8/6/2018 4:50 AM, Peter Bennett wrote:

>>> I just committed my changes to the packaging repository.
>>>
> great! Saves me the trouble.
>>> David
>>>

>> I can build libraries, build mythtv and install.
>>
>> Running mythfrontend from android gives the error "Your application
>> encountered a fatal error and cannot continue. There is no message in
>> the log that tells me what the problem is.
>>
>> Log: https://pastebin.com/fVUUVa3N
> 08-05 14:25:29.250 20805 20805 W System.err: Caused by:
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dlopen failed: library "libbluray.so"
> not found
>
> This is the last invokation. must be a naming error or check in the
> apk (unzip -l xxx.apk) that it exists.
>
> add the new so's to the mythfrontend pro file, otherwise they arent
> installed. name has probably changed (no myth prefix probably).
>
> Ill investigate this sometime during the day at work.
>
> HTH
> Mark

I checked - libbluray, libsamplerate and liblzo are not in the apk.
libbluray.so and liblzo.so are in the directory
packaging/android/mythinstall64/lib/.
libsamplerate.so never got created, but the compile worked so I suspect
that it was statically linked.

Peter
Re: Android build Crashes after Updates to mythtv/external and required system libraries [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Aug 05, 2018 at 06:47:59PM -0400, Peter Bennett wrote:
> On 08/05/2018 06:28 PM, Mark Spieth wrote:

> > great! Saves me the trouble.
> > > >

> > > I can build libraries, build mythtv and install.
> > >
> > > Running mythfrontend from android gives the error "Your application
> > > encountered a fatal error and cannot continue. There is no message
> > > in the log that tells me what the problem is.
> > >
> > > Log: https://pastebin.com/fVUUVa3N
> > 08-05 14:25:29.250 20805 20805 W System.err: Caused by:
> > java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dlopen failed: library "libbluray.so"
> > not found
> >
> > This is the last invokation. must be a naming error or check in the apk
> > (unzip -l xxx.apk) that it exists.
> >
> > add the new so's to the mythfrontend pro file, otherwise they arent
> > installed. name has probably changed (no myth prefix probably).
> >
> > Ill investigate this sometime during the day at work.
> >
> > HTH
> > Mark
> >
> I checked - libbluray, libsamplerate and liblzo are not in the apk.
> libbluray.so and liblzo.so are in the directory
> packaging/android/mythinstall64/lib/.
> libsamplerate.so never got created, but the compile worked so I suspect that
> it was statically linked.

Peter, you can use readelf like this to check which shared libraries
are needed.

~/android/android-ndk/my-android-toolchain64/bin/aarch64-linux-android-readelf --dynamic mythinstall64/lib/libmythfrontend.so

You can also use nm like this to confirm that libsamplerate was
included.

~/android/android-ndk/my-android-toolchain64/bin/aarch64-linux-android-nm mythinstall64/lib/libmythfrontend.so

David
--
David Engel
david@istwok.net
Re: Android build Crashes after Updates to mythtv/external and required system libraries [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 2018-08-05 at 21:01 -0500, David Engel wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 05, 2018 at 06:47:59PM -0400, Peter Bennett wrote:

> > > great! Saves me the trouble.

> > > 08-05 14:25:29.250 20805 20805 W System.err: Caused by:
> > > java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dlopen failed: library
> > > "libbluray.so"
> > > not found
> > >
> > > This is the last invokation. must be a naming error or check in
> > > the apk
> > > (unzip -l xxx.apk) that it exists.
> > >
> > > add the new so's to the mythfrontend pro file, otherwise they
> > > arent
> > > installed. name has probably changed (no myth prefix probably).
> > >
> > > Ill investigate this sometime during the day at work.
> > >
> > > HTH
> > > Mark
> > >

> > I checked - libbluray, libsamplerate and liblzo are not in the apk.
> > libbluray.so and liblzo.so are in the directory
> > packaging/android/mythinstall64/lib/.
> > libsamplerate.so never got created, but the compile worked so I
> > suspect that
> > it was statically linked.
>
> Peter, you can use readelf like this to check which shared libraries
> are needed.
>
> ~/android/android-ndk/my-android-toolchain64/bin/aarch64-linux-
> android-readelf --dynamic mythinstall64/lib/libmythfrontend.so

readelf on mythinstall64/lib/libmythtv-30.so shows that its looking for
libbluray.so, libxml2.so, and liblzo2.so. My last commit added two of
those to mythfrontend.pro, but missed libxml2.so.

> You can also use nm like this to confirm that libsamplerate was
> included.
>
> ~/android/android-ndk/my-android-toolchain64/bin/aarch64-linux-
> android-nm mythinstall64/lib/libmythfrontend.so

Looking at nm on mythinstall64/lib/libmyth-30.so, I see the samplerate
functions like src_new listed with text addresses:

00000000001ae220 T src_new

They should be already linked into libmyth-30.so since they're showing
as T (text) symbols with addresses instead of as U (unknown) symbols.

David

Re: Android build Crashes after Updates to mythtv/external and required system libraries [ In reply to ]
On 08/05/2018 10:45 PM, David Hampton wrote:

>>> I checked - libbluray, libsamplerate and liblzo are not in the apk.
>>> libbluray.so and liblzo.so are in the directory
>>> packaging/android/mythinstall64/lib/.
>>> libsamplerate.so never got created, but the compile worked so I
>>> suspect that
>>> it was statically linked.
>> Peter, you can use readelf like this to check which shared libraries
>> are needed.
>>
>> ~/android/android-ndk/my-android-toolchain64/bin/aarch64-linux-
>> android-readelf --dynamic mythinstall64/lib/libmythfrontend.so
> readelf on mythinstall64/lib/libmythtv-30.so shows that its looking for
> libbluray.so, libxml2.so, and liblzo2.so. My last commit added two of
> those to mythfrontend.pro, but missed libxml2.so.
>
>> You can also use nm like this to confirm that libsamplerate was
>> included.
>>
>> ~/android/android-ndk/my-android-toolchain64/bin/aarch64-linux-
>> android-nm mythinstall64/lib/libmythfrontend.so
> Looking at nm on mythinstall64/lib/libmyth-30.so, I see the samplerate
> functions like src_new listed with text addresses:
>
> 00000000001ae220 T src_new
>
> They should be already linked into libmyth-30.so since they're showing
> as T (text) symbols with addresses instead of as U (unknown) symbols.
>
> David

I pulled the latest commits, did a clean build. Android run now crashes
with
W System.err: Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dlopen failed:
library "libxml2.so" not found

I see you mention above that you missed libxml2.so, so that seems to be
the current problem.

Peter
Re: Android build Crashes after Updates to mythtv/external and required system libraries [ In reply to ]
On 08/06/2018 11:59 AM, Peter Bennett wrote:

>>> Peter, you can use readelf like this to check which shared libraries
>>> are needed.
>>>
>>> ~/android/android-ndk/my-android-toolchain64/bin/aarch64-linux-
>>> android-readelf --dynamic mythinstall64/lib/libmythfrontend.so
>> readelf on mythinstall64/lib/libmythtv-30.so shows that its looking for
>> libbluray.so, libxml2.so, and liblzo2.so.  My last commit added two of
>> those to mythfrontend.pro, but missed libxml2.so.
>>
>>> You can also use nm like this to confirm that libsamplerate was
>>> included.
>>>
>>> ~/android/android-ndk/my-android-toolchain64/bin/aarch64-linux-
>>> android-nm mythinstall64/lib/libmythfrontend.so
>> Looking at nm on mythinstall64/lib/libmyth-30.so, I see the samplerate
>> functions like src_new listed with text addresses:
>>
>> 00000000001ae220 T src_new
>>
>> They should be already linked into libmyth-30.so since they're showing
>> as T (text) symbols with addresses instead of as U (unknown) symbols.
>>
>> David
>>

> I pulled the latest commits, did a clean build. Android run now
> crashes with
> W System.err: Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dlopen
> failed: library "libxml2.so" not found
>
> I see you mention above that you missed libxml2.so, so that seems to
> be the current problem.
>
> Peter
I have added libxml2.so to the mythfrontend.pro file, and committed the
change. The android build now runs successfully.

Peter
Re: Android build Crashes after Updates to mythtv/external and required system libraries [ In reply to ]
On August 6, 2018 2:47:24 PM EDT, Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv@gmail.com> wrote:

>apk.
>libraries

>>> readelf on mythinstall64/lib/libmythtv-30.so shows that its looking
>for
>>> libbluray.so, libxml2.so, and liblzo2.so.  My last commit added two
>of
>>> those to mythfrontend.pro, but missed libxml2.so.

>>> Looking at nm on mythinstall64/lib/libmyth-30.so, I see the
>samplerate
>>> functions like src_new listed with text addresses:
>>>
>>> 00000000001ae220 T src_new
>>>
>>> They should be already linked into libmyth-30.so since they're
>showing
>>> as T (text) symbols with addresses instead of as U (unknown)
>symbols.
>>>
>>> David
>>>

>> I pulled the latest commits, did a clean build. Android run now
>> crashes with
>> W System.err: Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dlopen
>> failed: library "libxml2.so" not found
>>
>> I see you mention above that you missed libxml2.so, so that seems to
>> be the current problem.
>>
>> Peter
>I have added libxml2.so to the mythfrontend.pro file, and committed the
>
>change. The android build now runs successfully.

Thanks for taking care of that.

David