Mailing List Archive

Another Long Press Issue
On Sun, Jul 29, 2018 at 08:55:20PM -0500, David Engel wrote:
> This is now commit 4287f45f, right? I just now got a chance to try it
> and also look into another bug I found. Do you still want feedback on
> it?

Unfortunately, that other bug appears to be another long press related
bug. Please see if you can duplicate this problem.

In the Long Press context, add bindings for Back and Enter. You don't
need to add any Meta- uses of them. Simply having the setup for long
presses is enough for me to see the problem.

Go into watch recordings and start watching something. Then, press
whatever key you have bound to the GUIDE action to bring up the EPG.
Next, press Enter to bring up the Watch this Channel/Edit Recording
menu. As far as I can tell, the Enter keypress gets eaten somewhere
and never gets to GuideGrid::keyPressEvent(). Finally, press Back to
exit the EPG and go back to playback. Like Enter, Back gets eaten and
there is no way exit the EPG.

These problems don't show up when the EPG is entered from a menu.
They only seem to show up when the EPG is entered from playback.
Removing the Long Press bindings for Enter and Back fixes the
respective problems for me.

David
--
David Engel
david@istwok.net
Re: Another Long Press Issue [ In reply to ]
On 07/29/2018 11:24 PM, David Engel wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 29, 2018 at 08:55:20PM -0500, David Engel wrote:
>> This is now commit 4287f45f, right? I just now got a chance to try it
>> and also look into another bug I found. Do you still want feedback on
>> it?
> Unfortunately, that other bug appears to be another long press related
> bug. Please see if you can duplicate this problem.
>
> In the Long Press context, add bindings for Back and Enter. You don't
> need to add any Meta- uses of them. Simply having the setup for long
> presses is enough for me to see the problem.
>
> Go into watch recordings and start watching something. Then, press
> whatever key you have bound to the GUIDE action to bring up the EPG.
> Next, press Enter to bring up the Watch this Channel/Edit Recording
> menu. As far as I can tell, the Enter keypress gets eaten somewhere
> and never gets to GuideGrid::keyPressEvent(). Finally, press Back to
> exit the EPG and go back to playback. Like Enter, Back gets eaten and
> there is no way exit the EPG.
>
> These problems don't show up when the EPG is entered from a menu.
> They only seem to show up when the EPG is entered from playback.
> Removing the Long Press bindings for Enter and Back fixes the
> respective problems for me.
>
> David
I will take a look at this.
Peter
Re: Another Long Press Issue [ In reply to ]
On 07/30/2018 01:01 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 07/29/2018 11:24 PM, David Engel wrote:
>> On Sun, Jul 29, 2018 at 08:55:20PM -0500, David Engel wrote:
>>> This is now commit 4287f45f, right?  I just now got a chance to try it
>>> and also look into another bug I found.  Do you still want feedback on
>>> it?
>> Unfortunately, that other bug appears to be another long press related
>> bug.  Please see if you can duplicate this problem.
>>
>> In the Long Press context, add bindings for Back and Enter.  You don't
>> need to add any Meta- uses of them.  Simply having the setup for long
>> presses is enough for me to see the problem.
>>
>> Go into watch recordings and start watching something.  Then, press
>> whatever key you have bound to the GUIDE action to bring up the EPG.
>> Next, press Enter to bring up the Watch this Channel/Edit Recording
>> menu.  As far as I can tell, the Enter keypress gets eaten somewhere
>> and never gets to GuideGrid::keyPressEvent().  Finally, press Back to
>> exit the EPG and go back to playback.  Like Enter, Back gets eaten and
>> there is no way exit the EPG.
>>
>> These problems don't show up when the EPG is entered from a menu.
>> They only seem to show up when the EPG is entered from playback.
>> Removing the Long Press bindings for Enter and Back fixes the
>> respective problems for me.
>>
>> David
> I will take a look at this.
> Peter

I have committed the fix. Thank you for finding this.

Peter
Re: Another Long Press Issue [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 05:14:29PM -0400, Peter Bennett wrote:
> On 07/30/2018 01:01 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:

> > > Unfortunately, that other bug appears to be another long press related
> > > bug.? Please see if you can duplicate this problem.
> > >
> > > In the Long Press context, add bindings for Back and Enter.? You don't
> > > need to add any Meta- uses of them.? Simply having the setup for long
> > > presses is enough for me to see the problem.
> > >
> > > Go into watch recordings and start watching something.? Then, press
> > > whatever key you have bound to the GUIDE action to bring up the EPG.
> > > Next, press Enter to bring up the Watch this Channel/Edit Recording
> > > menu.? As far as I can tell, the Enter keypress gets eaten somewhere
> > > and never gets to GuideGrid::keyPressEvent().? Finally, press Back to
> > > exit the EPG and go back to playback.? Like Enter, Back gets eaten and
> > > there is no way exit the EPG.
> > >
> > > These problems don't show up when the EPG is entered from a menu.
> > > They only seem to show up when the EPG is entered from playback.
> > > Removing the Long Press bindings for Enter and Back fixes the
> > > respective problems for me.
> > >
> > > David
> > I will take a look at this.
> > Peter
>
> I have committed the fix. Thank you for finding this.

Thanks. I'll check it out soon.

David
--
David Engel
david@istwok.net
Re: Another Long Press Issue [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 05:47:11PM -0500, David Engel wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 05:14:29PM -0400, Peter Bennett wrote:

> > > I will take a look at this.
> > > Peter
> >
> > I have committed the fix. Thank you for finding this.
>
> Thanks. I'll check it out soon.

It looks good.

David
--