Mailing List Archive

Current Fedora 28 issues
Hello,

I am just wondering what the status of MythTV running on Fedora 28 is? Going by other threads some fixes have been reverted so currently is there no fix in the works?

From my perspective I have issues on the frontend when trying to play a recording it sits at "please wait" and output from the terminal shows the vector error previously logged. The backend basically won't record (will record the occasional show but I think that is dependent on the channel and whether it needs to change to a different channel to record .. and changing channels in liveTV also causes the backend to crash. The same or similar vector error is reported when running the backend from a terminal window but logs a different type of error running as a service. If more info is required I can gather up logs if needed.

Any feedback advice would be great as at the moment I have a dead MythTV system and don't really want to build a Fedora 27 system if the issues will be fixed soon. I may build a Fedora 28 PC and start compiling from source as opposed to waiting for RPMFusion builds to be made available as then I can have a look at code and may be able to contribute to fixes.

Sam
Re: Current Fedora 28 issues [ In reply to ]
On 05/13/2018 05:18 PM, Sam Davis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am just wondering what the status of MythTV running on Fedora 28 is?
> Going by other threads some fixes have been reverted so currently is
> there no fix in the works?
>
> From my perspective I have issues on the frontend when trying to play
> a recording it sits at "please wait" and output from the terminal
> shows the vector error previously logged. The backend basically won't
> record (will record the occasional show but I think that is dependent
> on the channel and whether it needs to change to a different channel
> to record .. and changing channels in liveTV also causes the backend
> to crash. The same or similar vector error is reported when running
> the backend from a terminal window but?logs a different type of error
> running as a service. If more info is required I can gather up logs if
> needed.
>
> Any feedback advice would be great as at the moment I have a dead
> MythTV system and don't really want to build a Fedora 27 system if the
> issues will be fixed soon. I may build a Fedora 28 PC and start
> compiling from source as opposed to waiting for RPMFusion builds to be
> made available as then I can have a look at code and may be able to
> contribute to fixes.

Hi Sam,

I am not sure of the current status of patches.??? However, following
the guidance in this thread:

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/home?lx=OCe85ThYDw4TRyYsh_CjoA

I rebuild the packages w/ 2 patches that have allowed my system to
record until the final solution/packages were resolved.

If you aren't able to rebuild the rpms for any reason, let me know and I
can kick it off again and upload those to google drive.

Michael
Re: Current Fedora 28 issues [ In reply to ]
Thanks Michael, if it?s not too much trouble I would appreciate the rpms. I will investigate setting up a build environment but haven?t had the time just yet.