Mailing List Archive

Ansible - Xubuntu 18.04 Beta/Debian 9.4
I am getting the following error message on current beta of Xubuntu
18.04 running ansible command sudo ansible-playbook -i hosts
buildslave-qt5.yml

TASK [.mythtv-deb : install mythtv extra build libraries (Ubuntu 16.04
and later)] ***
failed: [localhost] (item=[u'libcec-platform-dev',
u'libmysqlclient-dev']) => {"failed": true, "item":
["libcec-platform-dev", "libmysqlclient-dev"], "msg": "No package
matching 'libcec-platform-dev' is available"}
    to retry, use: --limit @/home/mike/build/ansible/buildslave-qt5.retry

I get a similar message on Debian Stretch 9.4

TASK [.mythtv-deb : install mythtv extra build libraries (Debian Stretch
or later)] ***
failed: [localhost] (item=[u'libcec-platform-dev']) => {"failed": true,
"item": ["libcec-platform-dev"], "msg": "No package matching
'libcec-platform-dev' is available"}
    to retry, use: --limit @/home/mike/build/ansible/qt5.retry

A quick search (I could easily be wrong) indicates that
libcec-platform-dev has been replaced with libcec-dev

Mike

Re: Ansible - Xubuntu 18.04 Beta/Debian 9.4 [ In reply to ]
On 17/03/18 12:01, Mike Bibbings wrote:
> I am getting the following error message on current beta of Xubuntu
> 18.04 running ansible command sudo ansible-playbook -i hosts
> buildslave-qt5.yml

> A quick search (I could easily be wrong) indicates that
> libcec-platform-dev has been replaced with libcec-dev

Looks like they may have gone back again.
It was originally libcec-dev, then it went to libcec-platform-dev
and clearly they have decided to revert again.

I'll have to do some digging to identify at what point the revert
came in

Regards
Stuart