Mailing List Archive

Android green line problem
On 03/05/2018 04:18 PM, Mark Spieth wrote:
> On 3/6/2018 7:10 AM, Peter Bennett wrote:
>>

>> On 03/05/2018 03:02 PM, David Engel wrote:
>>> Is your commit intended to be uses with greenline.patch or in place of
>>> it?  In place of it (i.e. without greenline.patch), the green line is
>>> still there.
>> Do you find that greenline.patch works for you? For me it does not
>> work (I still see the green line) and it introduces a new problem on
>> Linux as well.
>>
> I dont understand why though. I do a fresh build every time just in
> case too.
I don't understand what you mean by "a fresh build every time". I do a
mythbuild.sh and then installapk.sh if the source changes. I do not
erase the android stamp to cause a full build, but I can verify that the
code is changed, for example when I apply my workaround patch the green
line goes away.
> I had problems with x2 hw and sw deinterlacers too thats why Im only
> using x1.
> I also get a mythbuild error straight after a fresh but it works the
> 2nd time. Are you seeing that peter?

I am still not sure what a fresh means, but I have never had a mythbuild
error except if I make a mistake in the code.
> Logically the fix ive added make the video rect the correct size in
> stead of 1 bigger in each dimension.
>
> If you can shoot me a video fragment of your problematic videos Ill be
> able to test better.
>
> mark

I attached a link to a sample in the ticket
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13230#comment:11

Peter
Re: Android green line problem [ In reply to ]
On 06/03/18 11:09, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 03/05/2018 04:18 PM, Mark Spieth wrote:

>>> Do you find that greenline.patch works for you? For me it does not
>>> work (I still see the green line) and it introduces a new problem on
>>> Linux as well.
>>>
>> I dont understand why though. I do a fresh build every time just in
>> case too.
> I don't understand what you mean by "a fresh build every time". I do a
> mythbuild.sh and then installapk.sh if the source changes. I do not
> erase the android stamp to cause a full build, but I can verify that
> the code is changed, for example when I apply my workaround patch the
> green line goes away.
./mythbuild.sh fresh

blows away the build tree so you know its good. Does a full git copy and
build if the build64 directory is missing the next time ./mythbuild.sh
is run.

>> I had problems with x2 hw and sw deinterlacers too thats why Im only
>> using x1.
>> I also get a mythbuild error straight after a fresh but it works the
>> 2nd time. Are you seeing that peter?
>>
> I am still not sure what a fresh means, but I have never had a
> mythbuild error except if I make a mistake in the code.
>> Logically the fix ive added make the video rect the correct size in
>> stead of 1 bigger in each dimension.
>>
>> If you can shoot me a video fragment of your problematic videos Ill
>> be able to test better.
>>
>> mark
>>
> I attached a link to a sample in the ticket
> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13230#comment:11

Thanks. downloaded, will test tonight after work.

mark