--
David Engel
david@istwok.net
Re: Android Slash Screen [ In reply to ]
On 03/05/2018 05:54 PM, David Engel wrote:
> I have a basic splash screen working. It's currently just the banner
> icon so it looks kind of crappy when scaled up. I should have kept
> the large original before I downscaled it to make the banner. I'll
> try to recreate it. Does anyone have an alternative splash screen
> they'd prefer? Also, is there any need to provide alternate sizes or
> is 1280x720 or 1920x1080 good enough?
>
> David
There is "official MythTV logo" here. It has sizes up to 2000 width

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:MythTV_logo.svg

Peter
Re: Android Slash Screen [ In reply to ]
Android also has a bunch of different formats that it requires. A number
for the Google Play Store. There are a much of different formats and masks
for icons, both rounded and square. It would be great get some official
ones for things like this.

Re: Android Slash Screen [ In reply to ]
On 06/03/18 11:43, Daniel Frey wrote:
> Android also has a bunch of different formats that it requires. A
> number for the Google Play Store. There are a much of different
> formats and masks for icons, both rounded and square. It would be
> great get some official ones for things like this.
>
> On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 7:25 PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv@gmail.com
> <mailto:pb.mythtv@gmail.com>> wrote:
>

> On 03/05/2018 05:54 PM, David Engel wrote:
> > I have a basic splash screen working.  It's currently just the
> banner
> > icon so it looks kind of crappy when scaled up.  I should have kept
> > the large original before I downscaled it to make the banner.  I'll
> > try to recreate it.  Does anyone have an alternative splash screen
> > they'd prefer?  Also, is there any need to provide alternate
> sizes or
> > is 1280x720 or 1920x1080 good enough?
> >
> > David
> There is "official MythTV logo" here. It has sizes up to 2000 width
>
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:MythTV_logo.svg

Just need 1 resolution I think. it will scale fine.

better than a white screen.

Mark
Re: Android Slash Screen [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Mar 05, 2018 at 07:25:15PM -0500, Peter Bennett wrote:
> On 03/05/2018 05:54 PM, David Engel wrote:
> > I have a basic splash screen working. It's currently just the banner
> > icon so it looks kind of crappy when scaled up. I should have kept
> > the large original before I downscaled it to make the banner. I'll
> > try to recreate it. Does anyone have an alternative splash screen
> > they'd prefer? Also, is there any need to provide alternate sizes or
> > is 1280x720 or 1920x1080 good enough?
> >
> > David
> There is "official MythTV logo" here. It has sizes up to 2000 width
>
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:MythTV_logo.svg

The problem with that one is it's capsule shaped. We need something
that's rectangular with a 16x9 or 16x10 aspect ratio.

For my first attempt at the Android TV banner, I took the capsule logo
and placed it in a white rectangle. I didn't like the way it looked.
For a splash screen, maybe it would look alright in a black rectangle.
I'll try it tomorrow.

Anyway, for the current banner, I took the 4x3, blue, backgroun image
from the extras repo, cut out a 16x9 rectangle matching the part from
the capsule logo as best I could, placed the white mythTV text over it
and then scaled it to 320x180. The problem with trying to use the
blue background again for a splash image is it's only 800x600 to begin
with. After cutting out the appropriate rectangle, it would be even
smaller. I'll run an image search tomorrow to see if I can find
anything better.

David
--
David Engel