Mailing List Archive

build failure
I reported build failure and Gary kindly suggested ansible. That was an ubuntu system and it worked pefectly.
Although SUSE is a rpm based system ansible does not work with it.
I try to build and get this:

In file included from mthread.cpp:34:0:
mythdbcon.h:4:24: fatal error: QSqlDatabase: No such file or directory
#include <QSqlDatabase>
^
compilation terminated.
Makefile:759: recipe for target 'mthread.o' failed
make[2]: *** [mthread.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/jam/mythtv/mythtv/libs/libmythbase'
Makefile:77: recipe for target 'sub-libmythbase-make_first' failed
make[1]: *** [sub-libmythbase-make_first] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/jam/mythtv/mythtv/libs'
Makefile:67: recipe for target 'libs' failed
make: *** [libs] Error 2

jam@spectre:~/mythtv/mythtv> find /usr/include -name 'QSqlDatabase*'
/usr/include/QtSql/QSqlDatabase

James

PS
My backend is suse various frontends are ubuntu and mac
Re: build failure [ In reply to ]
On 21/02/18 08:13, James wrote:
> I reported build failure and Gary kindly suggested ansible. That was an ubuntu system and it worked pefectly.
> Although SUSE is a rpm based system ansible does not work with it.
> I try to build and get this:
>
> In file included from mthread.cpp:34:0:
> mythdbcon.h:4:24: fatal error: QSqlDatabase: No such file or directory
> #include <QSqlDatabase>

Looks like the relevant qt packages aren't installed.

You'll need to find the equivalent packages to those listed in
https://github.com/MythTV/ansible/blob/master/roles/qt5/tasks/qt5-rpm.yml

being rpm's i wouldn't be surprised if the package names are
the same.

Can you run for me (in the directory where you checked out the
ansible modules)

$ ansible -m setup -i hosts all | grep pkg_mgr

I expect it'll reply

"ansible_pkg_mgr": "zypper",

I'm happy to add suse support to the playbooks, but have nothing to
test it on. I can take a wild stab at it and send you a patch if that
would help?

Regards
Stuart

Re: build failure [ In reply to ]
On 21/02/18 10:13, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> Can you run for me (in the directory where you checked out the
> ansible modules)
>
> $ ansible -m setup -i hosts all | grep pkg_mgr

Actually, slightly more useful information that will be helpful

$ ansible -m setup -i hosts all | grep -e ansible_pkg_mgr -e
ansible_distribution

Regards
Stuart

Re: build failure [ In reply to ]
On 21/02/18 10:29, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> On 21/02/18 10:13, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
>> Can you run for me (in the directory where you checked out the
>> ansible modules)
>>
>> $ ansible -m setup -i hosts all | grep pkg_mgr
>
> Actually, slightly more useful information that will be helpful
>
> $ ansible -m setup -i hosts all | grep -e ansible_pkg_mgr -e
> ansible_distribution
>

> Regards
> Stuart
>

>> I expect it'll reply
>>
>> "ansible_pkg_mgr": "zypper",
>>
>> I'm happy to add suse support to the playbooks, but have nothing to
>> test it on. I can take a wild stab at it and send you a patch if that
>> would help?

Support added to the playbooks. Do a `git pull` in your checkout to
update the playbooks and rerun

# ansible-playbook -i hosts qt5.yml

as root

Regards