mythnetvision, which is the package that last gave me trouble some
months ago. Then it seemed significant that it is a plugin.

The immediate problem seems to be a failure to package files in
/usr/share/mythtv/examples, but with 4 MB of logfile that might not be
the only one.

I have 30pre484 running. This is just for info and, perhaps,
suggestions. No hurry.

John
Re: f26 rpm build failure with 30pre509 [ In reply to ]
On 16/02/18 13:28, John Pilkington wrote:
> I put the new tarball into my build machine. It failed while packaging
> mythnetvision, which is the package that last gave me trouble some
> months ago.  Then it seemed significant that it is a plugin.
>
> The immediate problem seems to be a failure to package files in
> /usr/share/mythtv/examples, but with 4 MB of logfile that might not be
> the only one.
>
> I have 30pre484 running.  This is just for info and, perhaps,
> suggestions.  No hurry.
>
> John

My recent successful builds have not installed a
/usr/share/mythtv/examples folder.

The files listed in the the failure log come from
mythtv/external/FFmpeg/doc/examples,
and I guess they could be considered optional, but the build script
hasn't seen it that way. Should I change it?

Re: f26 rpm build failure with 30pre509 [ In reply to ]
On 02/16/2018 04:19 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 16/02/18 13:28, John Pilkington wrote:
>> I put the new tarball into my build machine. It failed while
>> packaging mythnetvision, which is the package that last gave me
>> trouble some months ago.  Then it seemed significant that it is a
>> plugin.
>>
>> The immediate problem seems to be a failure to package files in
>> /usr/share/mythtv/examples, but with 4 MB of logfile that might not
>> be the only one.
>>
>> I have 30pre484 running.  This is just for info and, perhaps,
>> suggestions.  No hurry.
>>
>> John
>
> My recent successful builds have not installed a
>  /usr/share/mythtv/examples folder.
>
> The files listed in the the failure log come from
>  mythtv/external/FFmpeg/doc/examples,
>  and I guess they could be considered optional, but the build script
> hasn't seen it that way.  Should I change it?

Is the recent ffmpeg resync causing a build failure?

It is building successfully on f26 on the build slaves. see
https://code.mythtv.org/buildbot/builders/master-f26-64bit/builds/236

 v30-Pre-511-g35f0ff0a7b was built and installed successfully on f26

On my ubuntu system /usr/share/mythtv/examples has a bunch of source
code files from ffmpeg. These are not important, they are a side effect
of the ffmpeg build.

Let us know if you still have a problem. It is possible that pre 484 had
a problem that is now fixed.

Peter
Re: f26 rpm build failure with 30pre509 [ In reply to ]
On 17/02/18 15:11, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 02/16/2018 04:19 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
>> On 16/02/18 13:28, John Pilkington wrote:
>>> I put the new tarball into my build machine. It failed while
>>> packaging mythnetvision, which is the package that last gave me
>>> trouble some months ago.  Then it seemed significant that it is a
>>> plugin.
>>>
>>> The immediate problem seems to be a failure to package files in
>>> /usr/share/mythtv/examples, but with 4 MB of logfile that might not
>>> be the only one.
>>>
>>> I have 30pre484 running.  This is just for info and, perhaps,
>>> suggestions.  No hurry.
>>>
>>> John
>>
>> My recent successful builds have not installed a
>>  /usr/share/mythtv/examples folder.
>>
>> The files listed in the the failure log come from
>>  mythtv/external/FFmpeg/doc/examples,
>>  and I guess they could be considered optional, but the build script
>> hasn't seen it that way.  Should I change it?
>>

> Is the recent ffmpeg resync causing a build failure?
>
> It is building successfully on f26 on the build slaves. see
> https://code.mythtv.org/buildbot/builders/master-f26-64bit/builds/236
>
>  v30-Pre-511-g35f0ff0a7b was built and installed successfully on f26
>
> On my ubuntu system /usr/share/mythtv/examples has a bunch of source
> code files from ffmpeg. These are not important, they are a side effect
> of the ffmpeg build.
>
> Let us know if you still have a problem. It is possible that pre 484 had
> a problem that is now fixed.
>
> Peter

Thank you Peter for the response. I was aware of the resync, and it
seemed likely that it had caused the failure, which I think was in the
packaging; those ffmpeg example files got into what I believe was a
successful main build but triggered a failure when the packaging process
ignored them. I haven't yet got a solution, but my question really was
"Ought they to be considered as an integral part of the Mythtv
distribution?" Since they are already in the git tarballs I guess the
answer is Yes; so I'll try working on that basis.

John

Re: f26 rpm build failure with 30pre509 [ In reply to ]
On 02/17/2018 10:50 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
> Thank you Peter for the response.  I was aware of the resync, and it
> seemed likely that it had caused the failure, which I think was in the
> packaging; those ffmpeg example files got into what I believe was a
> successful main build but triggered a failure when the packaging
> process ignored them.  I haven't yet got a solution, but my question
> really was "Ought they to be considered as an integral part of the
> Mythtv distribution?"   Since they are already in the git tarballs I
> guess the answer is Yes; so I'll try working on that basis.
>
> John

Hi John
I have committed a change that prevents installing the example files.
That should
sort out your problem I hope.
Peter
Re: f26 rpm build FIXED with 30pre512 [ In reply to ]
On 18/02/18 00:22, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 02/17/2018 10:50 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
>> Thank you Peter for the response.  I was aware of the resync, and it
>> seemed likely that it had caused the failure, which I think was in the
>> packaging; those ffmpeg example files got into what I believe was a
>> successful main build but triggered a failure when the packaging
>> process ignored them.  I haven't yet got a solution, but my question
>> really was "Ought they to be considered as an integral part of the
>> Mythtv distribution?"   Since they are already in the git tarballs I
>> guess the answer is Yes; so I'll try working on that basis.
>>
>> John
>
> Hi John
> I have committed a change that prevents installing the example files.
> That should
> sort out your problem I hope.
> Peter

Thank you Peter. Built, installed and running with v30-Pre-512-g1278045

John