(The last 3 are run-time requirements for MythTV but compile
requirements for plugins).

Peter
Re: Plugins build dependency for stretch [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 3:50 PM, Peter Bennett <pgbennett@comcast.net>
wrote:

> Hi Stuart
>
> The plugins require extra packages for building on Raspbian stretch.
> Please add these to ansible.
>
> libmariadbclient-dev
> python-future python-requests python-requests-cache
>
> (The last 3 are run-time requirements for MythTV but compile requirements
> for plugins).

Does that mean I need add them as a build dependency, not just a runtime
dependency?

Thanks,
Richard
Re: Plugins build dependency for stretch [ In reply to ]
On 08/29/2017 05:05 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> Does that mean I need add them as a build dependency, not just a
> runtime dependency?
>
> Thanks,
> Richard
Yes - the plugins require that the MythTV be built and installed before
configuring and building the plugins. One of the plugins (mythnetvision)
complains during configure if the python runtime dependencies are
missing. I suspect it is trying to run a python script that depends on
those. If it fails, the configure disables mythnetvision.
Re: Plugins build dependency for stretch [ In reply to ]
Should we not add some additional checks for the new dependencies here? :-
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/configure#L7921

At the moment what happens is the core configure says the python
bindings will be installed even if you don't have the new dependencies
and the python bindings install fails. Even though everything appears
to be in order the plugins refuse to install MythNetVision and
metadata lookups fail.

At least if there are some additional checks there would be some
indication something is wrong with the python bindings.

Paul H.