Richard

[1]
https://hobbes1069.fedorapeople.org/pkgdiff_reports/python2-mysql/1.3.7-7.fc26_to_1.3.10-4.fc27/changes_report.html
Re: Fedora Rawhide: WARNING: disabling Python bindings; missing MySQLdb [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 1:19 AM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@gmail.com> wrote:

> Any ideas?

I presume this is a f27 (test) build.

I'll take a look at the rpmfusion koji logs at some point
(but it will likely take a few days), but I am suspicious
that the root cause may be some (new) missing
symbols with the mariadb client library cutover, such
as seen at RH bugzilla 1472985 (i.e. it is not your
fault, it will require the library to do a conditional
test to use my mysql_real_escape_string rather
than a mysql_real_escape_string_quote for mariadb).
Re: Fedora Rawhide: WARNING: disabling Python bindings; missing MySQLdb [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 11:56 AM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster@gmail.com> wrote:
> ... such as seen at RH bugzilla 1472985

Sort of looks like that BZ is the winner.
Perhaps follow that bug, and wait for it
to be resolved in rawhide. I believe
upstream has fixed the issue with commit:
https://github.com/PyMySQL/mysqlclient-python/commit/4202f611df07ae1274e7f0d71677cfd4cd778084
referenced from:
https://github.com/PyMySQL/mysqlclient-python/pull/115

I have updated the bugzilla with those references.
Re: Fedora Rawhide: WARNING: disabling Python bindings; missing MySQLdb [ In reply to ]
A little thread neco here... Started working on this again but it doesn't
look like that BZ is the answer...

Just tried to do a build on RPM Fusion and I'm still getting the same error
even though it's been upgraded to python-mysql 1.3.10. I tried adding the
patch from the pull request but I'm getting "already applied"... So it
looks like that commit made it in between 1.3.7 and 1.3.10...

Thanks,
Richard