File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/database.py", line 1347, in
_gethostfromaddr
'BackendServerIP[6]', addr)
MythDBError: Could not find setting 'BackendServerIP[6]' on host 'localhost'

Am I missing a step, or have the python bindings been neglected? I am
using current master.

Thanks,

John
Re: python bindings status? BackendServerIP[6] error [ In reply to ]
On 06/14/2017 02:46 PM, John P Poet wrote:
> I am working on learning python. I decided to write a simple program to
> display the upcoming recordings, but I can't even get past the
> initialization of the MythBE() object:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "<pyshell#1>", line 1, in <module>
> MythBE().getUpcomingRecordings()
> File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/mythproto.py", line 72, in
> __init__
> self.hostname = self.db._gethostfromaddr(self.host)
> File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/database.py", line 1347, in
> _gethostfromaddr
> 'BackendServerIP[6]', addr)
> MythDBError: Could not find setting 'BackendServerIP[6]' on host 'localhost'
>
> Am I missing a step, or have the python bindings been neglected? I am
> using current master.

The bindings work OK for my up.py script. I do still have BackendServerIP6 in
settings as well as BackendServerIP. It's using getUpcomingRecordings() too.
Running v29-pre-415, so 98 commits behind.

If you want to try using the Services API, there are two examples here:

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Python_API_Examples#Working_program_using_the_Dvr.2FGetUpcomingList_endpoint

--
Bill
Re: python bindings status? BackendServerIP[6] error [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 2:24 PM Bill Meek <keemllib@gmail.com> wrote:

> The bindings work OK for my up.py script. I do still have BackendServerIP6
> in
> settings as well as BackendServerIP. It's using getUpcomingRecordings()
> too.
> Running v29-pre-415, so 98 commits behind.
>
> If you want to try using the Services API, there are two examples here:
>

> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Python_API_Examples#Working_program_using_the_Dvr.2FGetUpcomingList_endpoint

Thank you, bill. I will play around with that method.

John
Re: python bindings status? BackendServerIP[6] error [ In reply to ]
On 06/14/2017 03:35 PM, John P Poet wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 2:24 PM Bill Meek <keemllib@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> The bindings work OK for my up.py script. I do still have BackendServerIP6
>> in
>> settings as well as BackendServerIP. It's using getUpcomingRecordings()
>> too.
>> Running v29-pre-415, so 98 commits behind.
>>
>> If you want to try using the Services API, there are two examples here:
>>

>> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Python_API_Examples#Working_program_using_the_Dvr.2FGetUpcomingList_endpoint
>>

> Thank you, bill. I will play around with that method.

Just updated to v29-pre-503 (current master.) getUpcomingRecordings() still works.
bindings.up.py (attached) is what I'd been using.

If you're considering the API, my plan is to use the module here:
https://github.com/billmeek/MythTVServicesAPI/tree/master/dist (you don't
need to clone the module), just see the instructions at the bottom of the
page. Attached is the new printUpcoming.py that works with it.

--
Bill
Re: python bindings status? BackendServerIP[6] error [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 3:02 PM Bill Meek <keemllib@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just updated to v29-pre-503 (current master.) getUpcomingRecordings()
> still works.
> bindings.up.py (attached) is what I'd been using.
>
> If you're considering the API, my plan is to use the module here:
> https://github.com/billmeek/MythTVServicesAPI/tree/master/dist (you don't
> need to clone the module), just see the instructions at the bottom of the
> page. Attached is the new printUpcoming.py that works with it.

Since I would prefer to use python 3, I tried:

$ sudo pip install
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/billmeek/MythTVServicesAPI/master/dist/mythtv_services_api-0.1.3-py3-none-any.whl

mythtv_services_api-0.1.3-py3-none-any.whl is not a supported wheel on
this platform.

Am I missing a dependency?

Thanks,

John
Re: python bindings status? BackendServerIP[6] error [ In reply to ]
On 06/14/2017 04:14 PM, John P Poet wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 3:02 PM Bill Meek <keemllib@gmail.com> wrote:

> $ sudo pip install
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/billmeek/MythTVServicesAPI/master/dist/mythtv_services_api-0.1.3-py3-none-any.whl
>
> mythtv_services_api-0.1.3-py3-none-any.whl is not a supported wheel on
> this platform.
>
> Am I missing a dependency?

Maybe the pip version? Mine looks like this:

$ pip --version
pip 9.0.1 from /usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages (python 3.5)

From stackoverflow.com, try: python -m pip install --upgrade pip

--
Bill
Re: python bindings status? BackendServerIP[6] error [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 4:12 PM Bill Meek <keemllib@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 06/14/2017 04:14 PM, John P Poet wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 3:02 PM Bill Meek <keemllib@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > $ sudo pip install
> >
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/billmeek/MythTVServicesAPI/master/dist/mythtv_services_api-0.1.3-py3-none-any.whl
> >
> > mythtv_services_api-0.1.3-py3-none-any.whl is not a supported wheel on
> > this platform.
> >
> > Am I missing a dependency?
>
> Maybe the pip version? Mine looks like this:
>
> $ pip --version
> pip 9.0.1 from /usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages (python 3.5)
>
> From stackoverflow.com, try: python -m pip install --upgrade pip

I had pip2, so I assumed that pip was pip3, but it was not -- just another
pip another name for pip2. I have pip3.5 installed now, and it worked.

Thanks,

John