know what the best approach would be. Also I the version number used in
the deb file should be 29 rather than 0.29.

Peter

Re: MythTV PPA 29 [ In reply to ]
On 01/06/17 08:58 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:
> Hi Thomas
>
> The next version of MythTV will be 29, but I see the ppa is called
> ppa:mythbuntu/0.29. I believe it should be set up as 29 rather than
> 0.29, to avoid confusion. Is there a plan to rename it? Unfortunately
> that may upset people already using it under the name 0.29, so I don't
> know what the best approach would be. Also I the version number used
> in the deb file should be 29 rather than 0.29.
>
> Peter
While neither a dev, or even a user of the mythbuntu/ppa releases, you
should note that the next release will be 0.29 not 29. If you check
mythtv.org you'll note the current stable release is 0.28.1
Re: MythTV PPA 29 [ In reply to ]

Re: MythTV PPA 29 [ In reply to ]
> On 06/11/2017 02:34 PM, Andrew Stadt wrote:
>> On 01/06/17 08:58 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:
>>> Hi Thomas
>>>
>>> The next version of MythTV will be 29, but I see the ppa is called
>>> ppa:mythbuntu/0.29. I believe it should be set up as 29 rather than
>>> 0.29, to avoid confusion. Is there a plan to rename it? Unfortunately
>>> that may upset people already using it under the name 0.29, so I
>>> don't know what the best approach would be. Also I the version number
>>> used in the deb file should be 29 rather than 0.29.
>>>
>>> Peter
>> While neither a dev, or even a user of the mythbuntu/ppa releases, you
>> should note that the next release will be 0.29 not 29. If you check
>> mythtv.org you'll note the current stable release is 0.28.1
>>
> The decision was made some time ago to abandon the 0.xx version
> numbering and move from version 0.28 to to 29

By whom and why?

That sort of crap is *critically* antisocial for lots of really practical
reasons.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth Baylink jra@baylink.com
Designer The Things I Think RFC 2100
Re: MythTV PPA 29 [ In reply to ]
On 06/07/2017 19:23, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> [...]

Well, it saves two bytes... and all those people out there using MythTV:
those bytes add up! :-)

Go figure!!

P.