Mailing List Archive

mythtv-setup: Recording profiles question
I am working on the mythui setup pages and there is an anomaly in
Recording profiles.

The system automatically adds a recording profile group for every type
of capture card you define, so you do not need to be able to add and
delete recording groups through setup.

In the recording profile setup it has an option "Create a new profile
group" It lets you got through the motions of adding a recording profile
group and adding profiles to it. However nothing that you do is saved.
It is silently thrown away when you finish.

There is a lot of code devoted to adding and deleting profile groups,
which does not seem to serve any purpose.

In the new mythui pages there is also "Create a new profile group" which
prompts for a name and then does nothing.

Can I just disable in the new mythui, that code to do with creating and
deleting profile groups from the setup? Is there any situation where it
has a purpose?

Peter

Re: mythtv-setup: Recording profiles question [ In reply to ]
Hi Peter,

Yeah, that has been broken for as long as I can remember.

Personally, I would like the creation of the profile groups to be manual.
While I was working on the V4L2enc recorder, I tried to make it so that the
profile was dependent on the capabilities of the device, but the
"automated" way the profile are being generated made that very difficult.
That being said, just killing that code (at least for now) is fine, since
it has never worked, and just causes confusion.

John