Mailing List Archive

myth spotify plugin?
Guys,

How difficult will to be update below mythic spotify plugin to current myth?

https://code.google.com/archive/p/mythspotify/

I remember sometime ago I got it somehow working (it was 0.24 or 0.25 level) - but now it looks like level of changes in myth internals is too big for me to get it working.

I believe it might be nice add-on for myth ecosystem.

what you think?

Re: myth spotify plugin? [ In reply to ]
On 3 May 2017 8:00:33 PM Piotr Oniszczuk <piotr.oniszczuk@gmail.com> wrote:

> Guys,
>
> How difficult will to be update below mythic spotify plugin to current myth?
>
> https://code.google.com/archive/p/mythspotify/
>
> I remember sometime ago I got it somehow working (it was 0.24 or 0.25
> level) - but now it looks like level of changes in myth internals is too
> big for me to get it working.
>
> I believe it might be nice add-on for myth ecosystem.
>
> what you think?

I wasn't aware of that prior work, thanks for posting it.

I would love it if it could be got to work because it is probably one of
the top two / three feature requests I get from SO - but to date I had
presumed it would fall foul of mythtv breach of terms of service rules so
never looked any further.

Great to know it used to work!

Re: myth spotify plugin? [ In reply to ]
On 03/05/17 12:02, Mark Perkins wrote:
> On 3 May 2017 8:00:33 PM Piotr Oniszczuk <piotr.oniszczuk@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Guys,
>>
>> How difficult will to be update below mythic spotify plugin to current myth?
>>
>> https://code.google.com/archive/p/mythspotify/
>>
>> I remember sometime ago I got it somehow working (it was 0.24 or 0.25
>> level) - but now it looks like level of changes in myth internals is too
>> big for me to get it working.
>>
>> I believe it might be nice add-on for myth ecosystem.
>>
>> what you think?
>>

> I wasn't aware of that prior work, thanks for posting it.
>
> I would love it if it could be got to work because it is probably one of
> the top two / three feature requests I get from SO - but to date I had
> presumed it would fall foul of mythtv breach of terms of service rules so
> never looked any further.
>
> Great to know it used to work!

Unless I'm missing something I don't see a problem adding it to Myth
since it uses the official Libspotify SDK.

Unfortunately that SDK is depreciated and will be shut down later this
year. They do say there will be a new embedded API but no time frame for
when that will be available unfortunately.

https://developer.spotify.com/technologies/libspotify/

Paul H.