Will the strings in this window be included in translations? The
themestringtool downloads themes from themes.mythtv.org and as far as I
can see, "default" and "default-wide" are not there.

Even if my window is included by some or all themes, it is not necessary
for them to include the text strings, as they can be inherited from
"default". So how will these strings get into the translation process?
Do I need to do anything?

Peter

Re: GUI Themes and translation [ In reply to ]
Hi Peter,

> Will the strings in this window be included in translations? The

Yes they will...

> themestringtool downloads themes from themes.mythtv.org and as far as
> I can see, "default" and "default-wide" are not there.
Le mardi 14 février 2017 à 13:44 -0500, Peter Bennett a écrit :
They are not but the script/tool also parses the copy of the repo from
which I run it.

(I am the (active) MythTV dev in charge of translations...)

It's not for nothing that script is so complex... ;-)

> Even if my window is included by some or all themes, it is not
> necessary
> for them to include the text strings, as they can be inherited from
> "default". So how will these strings get into the translation
> process?

Yes they will...

If you ever have questions about the translation process please don't
hesitate to ping me at this address or my mythtv.org email address..

> Do I need to do anything?

No...

I will once we are ready to translate again (ie near a release).

Have a nice day,

Nicolas