Mailing List Archive

rpmbuild qt5 problems in fc23
I just upgraded my test box from fc22 to fc23, not entirely without
problems, but it seems to be working. But I have a problem with
rpmbuild and perhaps someone will recognise it.

My el7 and fc23 boxes are both now running rebuilds from the rpmfusion
fc24 src.rpm of 0.28-fixes, but recent master src.rpm files from my
builds in el7 and fc22 fail to rebuild in fc23.

The first hint of trouble from the rpmbuild --rebuild --quiet log, from
el7 to fc23, for 0.29-pre-107-g7b82b7b, is below. Other qt5-related
complaints continue before it fails 283 KB later.

ansible needed no new installs.

qt5-qtbase versions are 5.6.0-19.fc23, 5.6.0-13.el7 from epel


In file included from /usr/include/qt5/QtCore/QString:1:0,
from ../libmythbase/mythlogging.h:5,
from freesurround.cpp:33:
/usr/include/qt5/QtCore/qstring.h:558:24: error: missing binary operator
before token "("
#if QT_DEPRECATED_SINCE(5, 0)
^
/usr/include/qt5/QtCore/qstring.h:1021:24: error: missing binary
operator before token "("
#if QT_DEPRECATED_SINCE(5, 3)
^
_______________________________________________
mythtv-dev mailing list
mythtv-dev@mythtv.org
http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-dev
http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
Re: rpmbuild qt5 problems in fc23 [ In reply to ]
On 01/07/16 12:13, John Pilkington wrote:
> I just upgraded my test box from fc22 to fc23, not entirely without
> problems, but it seems to be working. But I have a problem with
> rpmbuild and perhaps someone will recognise it.
>
> My el7 and fc23 boxes are both now running rebuilds from the rpmfusion
> fc24 src.rpm of 0.28-fixes, but recent master src.rpm files from my
> builds in el7 and fc22 fail to rebuild in fc23.
>
> The first hint of trouble from the rpmbuild --rebuild --quiet log, from
> el7 to fc23, for 0.29-pre-107-g7b82b7b, is below. Other qt5-related
> complaints continue before it fails 283 KB later.
>
> ansible needed no new installs.
>
> qt5-qtbase versions are 5.6.0-19.fc23, 5.6.0-13.el7 from epel
>
>
> In file included from /usr/include/qt5/QtCore/QString:1:0,
> from ../libmythbase/mythlogging.h:5,
> from freesurround.cpp:33:
> /usr/include/qt5/QtCore/qstring.h:558:24: error: missing binary operator
> before token "("
> #if QT_DEPRECATED_SINCE(5, 0)
> ^
> /usr/include/qt5/QtCore/qstring.h:1021:24: error: missing binary
> operator before token "("
> #if QT_DEPRECATED_SINCE(5, 3)
> ^


Seems to be Ticket #12399 Will try 'when convenient'.


_______________________________________________
mythtv-dev mailing list
mythtv-dev@mythtv.org
http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-dev
http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
Re: rpmbuild qt5 problems in fc23 [ In reply to ]
On 01/07/16 16:44, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 01/07/16 12:13, John Pilkington wrote:
>> I just upgraded my test box from fc22 to fc23, not entirely without
>> problems, but it seems to be working. But I have a problem with
>> rpmbuild and perhaps someone will recognise it.
>>
>> My el7 and fc23 boxes are both now running rebuilds from the rpmfusion
>> fc24 src.rpm of 0.28-fixes, but recent master src.rpm files from my
>> builds in el7 and fc22 fail to rebuild in fc23.
>>
>> The first hint of trouble from the rpmbuild --rebuild --quiet log, from
>> el7 to fc23, for 0.29-pre-107-g7b82b7b, is below. Other qt5-related
>> complaints continue before it fails 283 KB later.
>>
>> ansible needed no new installs.
>>
>> qt5-qtbase versions are 5.6.0-19.fc23, 5.6.0-13.el7 from epel
>>
>>
>> In file included from /usr/include/qt5/QtCore/QString:1:0,
>> from ../libmythbase/mythlogging.h:5,
>> from freesurround.cpp:33:
>> /usr/include/qt5/QtCore/qstring.h:558:24: error: missing binary operator
>> before token "("
>> #if QT_DEPRECATED_SINCE(5, 0)
>> ^
>> /usr/include/qt5/QtCore/qstring.h:1021:24: error: missing binary
>> operator before token "("
>> #if QT_DEPRECATED_SINCE(5, 3)
>> ^
>
>
> Seems to be Ticket #12399 Will try 'when convenient'.

Another build attempt, with Richard's mini-patch of 18 April, failed as
before - but I need to check on that.

The underlying cause seems to be the picking up of another,
inappropriate, 'include' and it isn't myth (or fc23) specific.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/598776#598776


_______________________________________________
mythtv-dev mailing list
mythtv-dev@mythtv.org
http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-dev
http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
Re: rpmbuild qt5 problems in fc23 [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 11:09 PM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk@tesco.net> wrote:

> The underlying cause seems to be the picking up of another, inappropriate,
> 'include' and it isn't myth (or fc23) specific.

Are you building with mock? If not, I would try
that, as it solves a world of hurt of finding libraries
in special places.

There is some goodness in configure trying to
find the various libraries wherever they may be,
but the result is that sometimes when you have
many variants of the possible locations it may
chose, um, poorly.
_______________________________________________
mythtv-dev mailing list
mythtv-dev@mythtv.org
http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-dev
http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
Re: rpmbuild qt5 problems in fc23 [ In reply to ]
On 02/07/16 00:25, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 11:09 PM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk@tesco.net> wrote:
>
>> The underlying cause seems to be the picking up of another, inappropriate,
>> 'include' and it isn't myth (or fc23) specific.
>
> Are you building with mock? If not, I would try
> that, as it solves a world of hurt of finding libraries
> in special places.
>
> There is some goodness in configure trying to
> find the various libraries wherever they may be,
> but the result is that sometimes when you have
> many variants of the possible locations it may
> chose, um, poorly.

Short answer, no. It /was/ working and mock has looked like an extra
complication. But maybe...

Thanks :-)




_______________________________________________
mythtv-dev mailing list
mythtv-dev@mythtv.org
http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-dev
http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
Re: rpmbuild qt5 problems in fc23 [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Jul 2, 2016 at 7:41 AM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk@tesco.net> wrote:
> On 02/07/16 00:25, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 11:09 PM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk@tesco.net> wrote:
>>
>>> The underlying cause seems to be the picking up of another,
>>> inappropriate,
>>> 'include' and it isn't myth (or fc23) specific.
>>
>>
>> Are you building with mock? If not, I would try
>> that, as it solves a world of hurt of finding libraries
>> in special places.
>>
>> There is some goodness in configure trying to
>> find the various libraries wherever they may be,
>> but the result is that sometimes when you have
>> many variants of the possible locations it may
>> chose, um, poorly.
>
>
> Short answer, no. It /was/ working and mock has looked like an extra
> complication. But maybe...

Yeah, it is a slight additional complexity, but not much.
It can be (likely) as simple as(*):

dnf install mock mock-rpmfusion-free mock-rpmfusion-nonfree
mock -r fedora-23-x86_64-rpmfusion_free --rebuild <src.rpm>
--resultdir=<wherever>

And you can build for other targets too with
appropriate options.


(*) I did my first mock setup a long long long time ago,
so errors might exist in this quickie recipe.
_______________________________________________
mythtv-dev mailing list
mythtv-dev@mythtv.org
http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-dev
http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
Re: rpmbuild qt5 problems in fc23 [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Jul 2, 2016 at 11:16 AM, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster@gmail.com>
wrote:

>
> dnf install mock mock-rpmfusion-free mock-rpmfusion-nonfree
> mock -r fedora-23-x86_64-rpmfusion_free --rebuild <src.rpm>
> --resultdir=<wherever>
>
> (*) I did my first mock setup a long long long time ago,
> so errors might exist in this quickie recipe.


Yeah, --rebuild has been assumed for quite some time, just put the SRPM as
the last argument.

mockchain can also be helpful if you need to build multiple dependent
packages. If you don't know the correct order you can add "--recurse" and
as long as one package completes it will retry the rest. Not elegant, but
effective.

Thanks,
Richard
Re: rpmbuild qt5 problems in fc23 [ In reply to ]
On 02/07/16 21:20, Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 2, 2016 at 11:16 AM, Gary Buhrmaster
> <gary.buhrmaster@gmail.com <mailto:gary.buhrmaster@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>
> dnf install mock mock-rpmfusion-free mock-rpmfusion-nonfree
> mock -r fedora-23-x86_64-rpmfusion_free --rebuild <src.rpm>
> --resultdir=<wherever>
>
> (*) I did my first mock setup a long long long time ago,
> so errors might exist in this quickie recipe.
>
>
> Yeah, --rebuild has been assumed for quite some time, just put the SRPM
> as the last argument.
>
> mockchain can also be helpful if you need to build multiple dependent
> packages. If you don't know the correct order you can add "--recurse"
> and as long as one package completes it will retry the rest. Not
> elegant, but effective.
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

Thank you both for the hints. I think I'm getting the hang of how it
functions, but at present my attempts to build current master, both with
and without Richard's commenting-out patch, say 'Error! QtScript headers
not found' and quit. It may take some time... and I need more pixels
on that screen.

John



_______________________________________________
mythtv-dev mailing list
mythtv-dev@mythtv.org
http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-dev
http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
Re: rpmbuild qt5 problems in fc23 [ In reply to ]
On 02/07/16 22:45, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 02/07/16 21:20, Richard Shaw wrote:
>> On Sat, Jul 2, 2016 at 11:16 AM, Gary Buhrmaster
>> <gary.buhrmaster@gmail.com <mailto:gary.buhrmaster@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>
>> dnf install mock mock-rpmfusion-free mock-rpmfusion-nonfree
>> mock -r fedora-23-x86_64-rpmfusion_free --rebuild <src.rpm>
>> --resultdir=<wherever>
>>
>> (*) I did my first mock setup a long long long time ago,
>> so errors might exist in this quickie recipe.
>>
>>
>> Yeah, --rebuild has been assumed for quite some time, just put the SRPM
>> as the last argument.
>>
>> mockchain can also be helpful if you need to build multiple dependent
>> packages. If you don't know the correct order you can add "--recurse"
>> and as long as one package completes it will retry the rest. Not
>> elegant, but effective.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Richard
>
> Thank you both for the hints. I think I'm getting the hang of how it
> functions, but at present my attempts to build current master, both with
> and without Richard's commenting-out patch, say 'Error! QtScript headers
> not found' and quit. It may take some time... and I need more pixels
> on that screen.

After some editing of the BuildRequires stanzas I have master running in
fc23. Obviously more polishing would be good, but that can wait.
Thanks again. Now I have to go cheer on the grandkids.

Confirmed that the 'info' screens are OK. Ticket #12801

> John
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-dev mailing list
> mythtv-dev@mythtv.org
> http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-dev
> http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
> MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
>

_______________________________________________
mythtv-dev mailing list
mythtv-dev@mythtv.org
http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-dev
http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org