separate from the app. The app uses it as a client.

Thank you,
Dan Frey, John Baab, Tom Kenny, Sebastien Astie
Re: MythTV name usage for MythTV for Android App [ In reply to ]
On 08/07/2012 09:41 PM, Daniel Frey wrote:
> I just want to make sure there are no issues with us using the MythTV
> name or possibly any image likenesses.

We will probably want to have the repo on the MythTV servers
before giving full use of the logo + name as an official app.
Can you send the git repo urls so we can take a look at the
code + app?

-- Daniel

Re: MythTV name usage for MythTV for Android App [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 9:13 AM, Daniel Thor Kristjansson <
danielk@cuymedia.net> wrote:

> On 08/07/2012 09:41 PM, Daniel Frey wrote:
>
>> I just want to make sure there are no issues with us using the MythTV
>> name or possibly any image likenesses.
>>

> We will probably want to have the repo on the MythTV servers
> before giving full use of the logo + name as an official app.
> Can you send the git repo urls so we can take a look at the
> code + app?
>
> -- Daniel

Daniel,

All of the code can be found at
https://github.com/organizations/MythTV-Android

There are 2 public repositories: 1 for the app and one that is a java
implementation of the myth services api.

We have started implementing some of our own artwork, but that could easily
be changed out for more offical mythtv artwork.

There is a download section that has an installable apk on the app repo.
However, building from source and deploying to the phone/tablet is also
available.

We are working on unit tests for the myth service api package as well as a
continuous integration environment for regression testing from the java
client.

Also, there should be new download in a few days for people to try out that
will allow people to view and navigate their program guide. Once complete,
the new download will be available under the Download link.

Dan

--
My Google Profile <http://www.google.com/profiles/dmfrey>