MythTV and only started working with the source when I decided to look
at contributing to the project.

Mike

Re: Can't compile MythPlugins 0.24.2 (tarball) on Fedora 15 [ In reply to ]
Hi

On 6 March 2012 12:51, Michael Hughes <marynya@compuserve.com> wrote:
> The problem here is that the INCPATH variables in the various Makefiles
> do not specify the paths to the header files supplied by the QT
> Toolkit.  These are in directories such as /usr/include/QtCore,
> /usr/include/QtGui, etc.  They are specified correctly in MythPlugins

INCPATH for the Qt dir is created by qmake, and should be
automatically added from the mythconfig.mak created during the mythtv
configure

If it's not showing up there, the issue is either you have an
incorrect Qt install (incorrect mkspecs??) or that you didn't supply
the proper arguments during the configure in mythtv.
I'm guessing on the former

For the mythplugins compilation to succeed, you must run configure /
make / make install in the mythtv folder first
Re: Can't compile MythPlugins 0.24.2 (tarball) on Fedora 15 [ In reply to ]
Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> INCPATH for the Qt dir is created by qmake, and should be
automatically added from the mythconfig.mak
> created during the mythtv configure. If it's not showing up there,
the issue is either you have an incorrect
> Qt install (incorrect mkspecs??) or that you didn't supply the proper
arguments during the configure in mythtv.
> I'm guessing on the former

The INCPATH variables are being correctly set in MythTV 0.24.2 and also
in MythPlugins 0.24.1. In fact, MythTV 0.24.2 seems to be running fine
with the binaries from MythPlugins 0.24.1 as I would expect. This should
indicate that the QT installation is correct.

I don't see anything that looks useful in "configure --help" or in the
README. Is there more current information on the configure parameters
or environmental variables required somewhere?

Something else I notice is that configure says that MythMusic will not
be built because it cannot find the codec libraries. --help looks like
if you use /usr/local for the installation path, it may expect all the
libraries to be in /usr/local/lib whereas the external libraries are
going to be in /usr/lib. This was also not a problem with MythPlugins
0.24.1 which built MythMusic without any complaints.

I'll start trying to dig into the configure script.

Mike