log and find out where myth was causing a problem.

maybe there is already a good way to do this, but i'm not aware of one.

another feature i can see for this functionality is the ability to email
myself that log file every so often to see exactly what mythbackend is
doing. again, not an issue for a mature program which should behave just
as expected, but while myth is still under heavy development, i would find
this useful.

gf
Re: logging mythbackend results [ In reply to ]
mythbackend > log 2>&1

would be my first guess. 2>&1 redirects stderr to the place that
stdout is going ( > log ).

Pat

Re: logging mythbackend results [ In reply to ]
> is there a way to log all messages normally spit out on the terminal
> through mythbackend to a file?
>
> i tried running mythbackend > log & and that sort of worked.

What if it used the syslog facility to send the log messages to the front
end? Syslog has a command set for remote logging...

-Chuck

--
Quantum Linux Laboratories - ACCELERATING Business with Linux Technology
* Education |

"Be liberal in what you accept, and conservative in what you send."
-- Jonathan B. Postel