Mailing List Archive

0.24 Feature Freeze and Release Timeline
As of 11:59PM U.S. PST time last night, we entered Feature
Freeze mode for the upcoming 0.24 release. There may be
a few more pre-approved features that go into subversion
in the next week, with a hard freeze coming in a week.

Here's a peek at the timeline we are currently working
towards. The release date is the planned date, but it may
be pushed back if there are outstanding blocker bugs or other
major issues encountered after the release candidates are
created.

September:
Sun 5th - Soft Feature Freeze (any features after this
must be approved by steering committee)
Sat-Sun 11-12 - Bug Squashing Party (BSP)
Sun 12th - Full Feature Freeze
Wed 15th - String Freeze (for translations)
Mon 20th - 1st Release Candidate
Mon 27th - 2nd Release Candidate

* After 2nd RC only translations and major bugfixes to go in.

October:
Fri 1st - Release and cut fixes branch

--
Chris Pinkham
_______________________________________________
mythtv-dev mailing list
mythtv-dev@mythtv.org
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-dev
Re: 0.24 Feature Freeze and Release Timeline [ In reply to ]
This is an update to the MythTV v0.24 release timeline we sent out
a couple weeks ago.

* On Mon Sep 06, 2010 at 08:50:18AM -0400, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> Here's a peek at the timeline we are currently working
> towards. The release date is the planned date, but it may
> be pushed back if there are outstanding blocker bugs or other
> major issues encountered after the release candidates are
> created.
>
> September:
> Sun 5th - Soft Feature Freeze (any features after this
> must be approved by steering committee)
> Sat-Sun 11-12 - Bug Squashing Party (BSP)
> Sun 12th - Full Feature Freeze
> Wed 15th - String Freeze (for translations)
> Mon 20th - 1st Release Candidate
> Mon 27th - 2nd Release Candidate
>
> * After 2nd RC only translations and major bugfixes to go in.
>
> October:
> Fri 1st - Release and cut fixes branch

We have decided to cut a set of Beta packages on the 20th instead
of cutting RC1. There are several outstanding tickets that we want
to get resolved for 0.24 and we think that it is best to delay the
Release Candidates slightly to make sure we have time to get these
resolved. We still want to get some wider exposure and testing
though. So, on the 20th, we will be releasing a set of Beta tarballs.
There will probably not be a formal announcement on the website
concerning these, but I will reply to this thread when the tarballs
are available for those who want to give what will be MythTV v0.24
a spin. We don't expect the delay to be too long, so if you are
interested in the RC versions, but not the Beta tarball, please keep
an eye on the www.mythtv.org website which will be updated when RC1
is released.

--
Chris Pinkham
_______________________________________________
mythtv-dev mailing list
mythtv-dev@mythtv.org
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-dev
Re: 0.24 Feature Freeze and Release Timeline [ In reply to ]
Another update.

* On Sun Sep 19, 2010 at 09:27:49PM -0400, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> This is an update to the MythTV v0.24 release timeline we sent out
> a couple weeks ago.
>
> * On Mon Sep 06, 2010 at 08:50:18AM -0400, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> > Here's a peek at the timeline we are currently working
> > towards. The release date is the planned date, but it may
> > be pushed back if there are outstanding blocker bugs or other
> > major issues encountered after the release candidates are
> > created.
> >
> > September:
> > Sun 5th - Soft Feature Freeze (any features after this
> > must be approved by steering committee)
> > Sat-Sun 11-12 - Bug Squashing Party (BSP)
> > Sun 12th - Full Feature Freeze
> > Wed 15th - String Freeze (for translations)
> > Mon 20th - 1st Release Candidate
> > Mon 27th - 2nd Release Candidate
> >
> > * After 2nd RC only translations and major bugfixes to go in.
> >
> > October:
> > Fri 1st - Release and cut fixes branch
>
> We have decided to cut a set of Beta packages on the 20th instead
> of cutting RC1. There are several outstanding tickets that we want
> to get resolved for 0.24 and we think that it is best to delay the
> Release Candidates slightly to make sure we have time to get these
> resolved. We still want to get some wider exposure and testing
> though. So, on the 20th, we will be releasing a set of Beta tarballs.
> There will probably not be a formal announcement on the website
> concerning these, but I will reply to this thread when the tarballs
> are available for those who want to give what will be MythTV v0.24
> a spin. We don't expect the delay to be too long, so if you are
> interested in the RC versions, but not the Beta tarball, please keep
> an eye on the www.mythtv.org website which will be updated when RC1
> is released.

We've decided to hold off on packing a set of Beta tarballs. I don't
recall us ever generating these in the past unless it was in the early
early 0.x (where x < 7) days.

There are a few issues we'd like to get resolved before declaring
a public Beta or Release Candidate of what will be v0.24. Anyone willing
to help toubleshoot and write patches is more than welcome to run trunk
via a svn checkout.

--
Chris Pinkham
_______________________________________________
mythtv-dev mailing list
mythtv-dev@mythtv.org
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-dev