come after the call to setWindowFlags(flags) . Before this patch, there
was a hack added to workaround fullscreen not working properly on Mac OS
X that changed the window to be a Qt::SplashScreen . It seems that the
hack was working around the same issue that Jeff fixed for Windows, so I
have a suspicion that the Mac OS hack is no longer required, and I would
love to get it removed.

Thanks,
Mike
Re: Need Mac OS X tester [ In reply to ]
Hi Mike,

I built with and without your changes against svn revision 24482. I am running on Mac OS X 10.6.3 (MacBook Pro4,1).

Both were launched into fullscreen and I didn't notice anything odd. I can provide you the binaries if you like.

Doug

Re: Need Mac OS X tester [ In reply to ]
On May 7, 2010, at 4:14 PM, Doug Turner wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> I built with and without your changes against svn revision 24482. I am running on Mac OS X 10.6.3 (MacBook Pro4,1).

same here..

Re: Need Mac OS X tester [ In reply to ]
On 05/07/2010 04:14 PM, Doug Turner wrote:
> On May 7, 2010, at 11:21 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> Can some Mac OS X user test the attached patch with trunk r24479 or higher and verify that fullscreen mode works properly (without any finders or whatever covering part of the screen) after applying the patch, please? (I.e., fullscreen mode should work the same before and after applying the patch.) To ensure you're using fullscreen mode, you can /not/ specify any window size/offset overrides or -geometry flags on the mythfrontend/mythtv-setup command line and you /must/ set the GUI size (both X and Y) sizes to 0 in mythfrontend settings.
>>
>> On #8121, Jeff Lu submitted a patch that fixes fullscreen mode on Windows, where the call to setWindowState(Qt::WindowFullScreen) must come after the call to setWindowFlags(flags) . Before this patch, there was a hack added to workaround fullscreen not working properly on Mac OS X that changed the window to be a Qt::SplashScreen . It seems that the hack was working around the same issue that Jeff fixed for Windows, so I have a suspicion that the Mac OS hack is no longer required, and I would love to get it removed.
>>
> I built with and without your changes against svn revision 24482. I am running on Mac OS X 10.6.3 (MacBook Pro4,1).
>
> Both were launched into fullscreen and I didn't notice anything odd. I can provide you the binaries if you like.

Doug, thanks for the smoke test--and the very fast response. I'll
submit the patch on a ticket for Nigel to review now that it seems we
may have a more-proper fix that will allow removal of the hack.

Mike