Mailing List Archive

Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r22539 by gigem
On 10/19/2009 02:48 PM, mythtv@cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
> Author: gigem
> Date: 2009-10-19 18:48:40 +0000 (Mon, 19 Oct 2009)
> New Revision: 22539
> Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/22539
>
> Modified:
>
> trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp
>
> Log:
>
> When calculating the frame skip amount for fast-forward/rewind, use an
> arbitrary value of 30 as the keyframe distance instead of the bogus
> value of 1 that is currently used. I had hoped to have the decoder
> pass the actual keyframe distance to NVP, but that won't work for
> recordings with variable keyframe distances. Using 30 as the keyframe
> distance is a compromise that helps some on HD-PVR recordings without
> adversely affecting other recordings too much. Fixes #6982.

David,

Taylor Ralph mentioned on #mythtv-users that this (and the backport in
http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/22540 ) seems to have a
copy-paste/logic-reorder typo that negates play_speed if it's positive.
Seems the > should have been changed to <, perhaps?

I don't know the code or have any material to test with, so I thought
I'd mention it to you.

Thanks,
Mike
Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r22539 by gigem [ In reply to ]
I can confirm that this is indeed a problem, and the fix suggested below
makes things work as expected (as opposed to fast forward/reverse doing
the opposite of what you'd expect).

Re: mythtv commit: r22539 by gigem [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 06:09:29PM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Taylor Ralph mentioned on #mythtv-users that this (and the backport
> in http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/22540 ) seems to have a
> copy-paste/logic-reorder typo that negates play_speed if it's
> positive. Seems the > should have been changed to <, perhaps?
>
> I don't know the code or have any material to test with, so I
> thought I'd mention it to you.

I'm sorry about that. I know better than to make a "trivial change"
at the last minute to something I just tested and then not retest
before committing it. It's fixed now.

David
--
David Engel