Importent parts still missing are AAC in LATM support and Spectral
extension EAC-3.

Janne
Re: FFmpeg sync comming [ In reply to ]
Janne,

Thanks. LATM should be easy. Patch is mostly a separate file
containing LATM code, with the rest of the patches being minor - hook
points and CODEC ID in the video stream container. I will have a
quick look at this tonight.

Cheers,

Matthew

Re: FFmpeg sync comming [ In reply to ]
Oh, after that is working, the next thing to look at is a recent patch
based on ffmpeg-mt, 1st to make sure things still work with ffmpeg-mt
patch applied, 2nd stage to hook into multi-CPU decode framework!

Cheers,

Matthew Grant

Re: FFmpeg sync comming [ In reply to ]
Hi

2009/7/7 Janne Grunau <janne-mythtv@grunau.be>:
> Hi,
>
> I just want to give a little advance warning that I'm going to commit
> FFmpeg sync in a couple of minutes.
>
> It's not extensively tested so a couple of minor things might be broken.
> Usual configurations on x86 and x86_64 should work though (including
> VDPAU and XvMC playback).

Here are some videos that do not play nicely anymore after the ffmpeg resync.

H264 files: plays too fast
http://www.avenard.org/files/media/videotest/h264-latmaac-vdpau_corruption.mpg

(there are some visual corruptions when using VDPAU, but there's a
known fix for those)

MPEG2: those two plays okay if you use libavformat/mpegts.c from ffmpeg trunk.
Recording after High Quality mythtranscode.
http://www.avenard.org/files/media/videotest/dodgyHDvideo.nuv

Plain recording mpeg2 1080i recording:
http://www.avenard.org/files/media/videotest/test-mpegts.mpg

All those recordings played fine with either 0.21-fixes or trunk prior
ffmpeg sync

Hope this help
Jean-Yves
Re: FFmpeg sync comming [ In reply to ]
Hi!

Please give me a day or two to get some local version control
happening. As I am going to be dealing with a number of patches
against mythtv SVN trunk and producing my own system specific builds,
I want to be able to produce clean patches, and maybe even base my
MythTV builds against ffmpeg and ffmpeg-mt.

I am thinking of using git on my personal machine. Could I please
have SVN access to the mythtv repository for my own branch(es)? This
is so I can push up working versions of my development work so that
fixes can be merged back into SVN trunk easily. Or are good patches
enough for the meanwhile.

I want to make sure the patches that I process meet ffmpeg coding
standards. We are all going to be better off.

Also, I have heard from Robert Swain <robert.swain@gmail.com> that he
is going to get this work merged upstream. I can act as a test-bed
for these changes against NZ live DVB-T. Is it easy to build MythTV
against ffmpeg trunk instead of its internal copy of ffmpeg?

Cheers,

Matthew Grant

Re: FFmpeg sync comming [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 4:18 PM, Matthew Grant<matthewgrant5@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Please give me a day or two to get some local version control
> happening.  As I am going to be dealing with a number of patches
> against mythtv SVN trunk and producing my own system specific builds,
> I want to be able to produce clean patches, and maybe even base my
> MythTV builds against ffmpeg and ffmpeg-mt.

I would recommend giving quilt a try. It does a very nice job of
allowing you to layer local patches on top of each other.

http://www.linuxtopia.org/online_books/linux_kernel/kernel_configuration/apas02.html

John
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
Re: FFmpeg sync comming [ In reply to ]
>> Please give me a day or two to get some local version control
>> happening.  As I am going to be dealing with a number of patches
>> against mythtv SVN trunk and producing my own system specific builds,
>> I want to be able to produce clean patches, and maybe even base my
>> MythTV builds against ffmpeg and ffmpeg-mt.
>
> I would recommend giving quilt a try.  It does a very nice job of
> allowing you to layer local patches on top of each other.
>
> http://www.linuxtopia.org/online_books/linux_kernel/kernel_configuration/apas02.html

This topic has come up before on this list. But for my needs git-svn and
then stgit on top of that seems to work very nicely as well. If you are
particularly. There are git repos based on MythTV's svn as well. But my git-svn
clone happened before I knew about those.

The bonus of git-svn means that you can keep several local branches
based on svn trunk and only commit them upstream when they are ready.

Erik Hovland
erik@hovland.org
http://hovland.org/
Re: FFmpeg sync comming [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday 08 July 2009 10:18:50 am Matthew Grant wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Please give me a day or two to get some local version control
> happening. As I am going to be dealing with a number of patches
> against mythtv SVN trunk and producing my own system specific builds,
> I want to be able to produce clean patches, and maybe even base my
> MythTV builds against ffmpeg and ffmpeg-mt.
>
> I am thinking of using git on my personal machine. Could I please
> have SVN access to the mythtv repository for my own branch(es)? This
> is so I can push up working versions of my development work so that
> fixes can be merged back into SVN trunk easily. Or are good patches
> enough for the meanwhile.
>
> I want to make sure the patches that I process meet ffmpeg coding
> standards. We are all going to be better off.
>
> Also, I have heard from Robert Swain <robert.swain@gmail.com> that he
> is going to get this work merged upstream. I can act as a test-bed
> for these changes against NZ live DVB-T. Is it easy to build MythTV
> against ffmpeg trunk instead of its internal copy of ffmpeg?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Matthew Grant

Heres the LATM patch fixed for trunk with the ffmpeg sync.

Cheers,
Paul
Re: FFmpeg sync comming [ In reply to ]
Hi

2009/7/8 Paul Kendall <paul@kcbbs.gen.nz>:
> Heres the LATM patch fixed for trunk with the ffmpeg sync.

How is it progressing with the ffmpeg folks ?
Re: FFmpeg sync comming [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday 08 July 2009 05:57:44 pm Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2009/7/8 Paul Kendall <paul@kcbbs.gen.nz>:
> > Heres the LATM patch fixed for trunk with the ffmpeg sync.
>
> How is it progressing with the ffmpeg folks ?

Very slowly. I have not had a lot of time since the last round of talks.
At least we have a plan though and I will start to look at in the next month
or so.

Cheers,
Paul
FFmpeg sync comming [ In reply to ]
Sorry, last patch got corrupted with dual copys of the LATM files!

Cheers,
Paul
Re: FFmpeg sync comming [ In reply to ]
Paul Kendall wrote:
> [...about a patch for LATM ...]

I'm eager to try this on dvb-t in Norway, but I'm wondering what the
correct flags to configure would be to use the new code. Do I still use
--enable-libfaad ?

Once I have myth compiled the official way, I'm sure I'll have some
interesting bug-reports coming :-).

Re: FFmpeg sync comming [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday 08 July 2009 06:51:00 pm Paul Kendall wrote:
> Sorry, last patch got corrupted with dual copys of the LATM files!
>
> Cheers,
> Paul
Again, the previous patch was from an earlier version of ffmpeg.

This patch is the correct version for MythTV with the new ffmpeg sync.

Cheers,
Paul
Re: FFmpeg sync comming [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 09 July 2009 02:06:43 am Håkon Alstadheim wrote:
> Paul Kendall wrote:
> > [...about a patch for LATM ...]
>
> I'm eager to try this on dvb-t in Norway, but I'm wondering what the
> correct flags to configure would be to use the new code. Do I still use
> --enable-libfaad ?

Yes, you still need --enable-libfaad as the ffmpeg AAC does not do HE-AAC yet.