recording in progress. Shall I open a ticket with a patch for this?

Cheers,
Robin
Re: Behaviour when entering LiveTV with a single tuner that is in use [ In reply to ]
On Nov 28, 2007 3:10 AM, Robin Neatherway <robthebob@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been playing around with the latest SVN and noticed that the
> very handy addition of a warning when trying to view Live TV while all
> the tuners are in use does not occur if you only have a single tuner.

I also find this confusing. I would perfer a box that poped up that
said, all tuners are in use and recording the following shows, select
one to jump to that show, and then it would also work for more then
one tuner as well.

~Rob
Re: Behaviour when entering LiveTV with a single tuner that is in use [ In reply to ]
On Nov 28, 2007 5:24 PM, Rob Smith <kormoc@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 28, 2007 3:10 AM, Robin Neatherway <robthebob@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have been playing around with the latest SVN and noticed that the
> > very handy addition of a warning when trying to view Live TV while all
> > the tuners are in use does not occur if you only have a single tuner.
>
> I also find this confusing. I would perfer a box that poped up that
> said, all tuners are in use and recording the following shows, select
> one to jump to that show, and then it would also work for more then
> one tuner as well.

What version are you running? In SVN head that is the behaviour, since
revision 12704. I would like to make this consistent by alerting the
user to the situation even in the case where there is only one tuner.

Ribun
Re: Behaviour when entering LiveTV with a single tuner that is in use [ In reply to ]
> Ribun

Nice,

Robin
Re: Behaviour when entering LiveTV with a single tuner that is in use [ In reply to ]
On Nov 28, 2007 10:14 AM, Robin Neatherway <robthebob@gmail.com> wrote:
> What version are you running? In SVN head that is the behaviour, since
> revision 12704. I would like to make this consistent by alerting the
> user to the situation even in the case where there is only one tuner.
>
> Ribun

It's been a long while sense I've even hit the live tv by accident, so
my mistake :)

~Rob
Re: Behaviour when entering LiveTV with a single tuner that is in use [ In reply to ]
> It's been a long while sense I've even hit the live tv by accident, so
> my mistake :)

Yeah, I had a few reasons why I thought not many people would have
even thought about this:

1) People that run SVN head are unlikely to use Live TV
2) People that run SVN head are unlikely to have 1 tuner
3) People that run SVN head are unlikely to get confused about what is going on.

In my case this is to help my semi-ignorant flatmates not get confused
as to what is going on when they go into Live TV and it appears to
behave exactly as normal except that you then cannot change channel
etc. Cue cries of "the myth box is broken!". This also seems, to me,
to be more consistent.

Cheers,
Robin