Mailing List Archive

Trac blanket blacklisting + mythweb patch
I have been attempting to open a ticket for a patch I have written, but
unfortunately the transparent proxy which my ISP uses has been
blacklisted. (62.254.128.6)

This proxy is used by hundreds if not thousands of people.

Would someone raise a ticket for my patch please?

Title: Gallery module for mythweb
Text:
Attached are two files, a patch to create the gallery module and a zip
of the associated icons.

This patch was based on one submitted by someone some time ago which I
have gradually rewritten. (sorry I couldn't find you in the archive,
whoever you were)
All images are now scaled and cached.

The second part of this patch (to come later) is to implement cacheing
of the channel icons and mythvideo covers.

Disclaimer: I am not a php developer (or any kind of developer)
Criticism welcome, but be gentle...

A slightly earlier version of this patch can be viewed in use here:
http://irishmark.co.uk/mythweb/gallery


Attachments:
http://irishmark.co.uk/mythtv-patches/mythgallery.patch
http://irishmark.co.uk/mythtv-patches/icons.tar.gz


thanks
Mark Edwards
_______________________________________________
mythtv-dev mailing list
mythtv-dev@mythtv.org
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-dev
Re: Trac blanket blacklisting + mythweb patch [ In reply to ]
Mark wrote:
> I have been attempting to open a ticket for a patch I have written, but
> unfortunately the transparent proxy which my ISP uses has been
> blacklisted. (62.254.128.6)
>
> This proxy is used by hundreds if not thousands of people.
>
> Would someone raise a ticket for my patch please?

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2301

--

+------------------------+
| Colin Guthrie |
+------------------------+
| myth(at)colin.guthr.ie |
| http://colin.guthr.ie/ |
+------------------------+
_______________________________________________
mythtv-dev mailing list
mythtv-dev@mythtv.org
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-dev
Re: Trac blanket blacklisting + mythweb patch [ In reply to ]
Mark wrote:
> I have been attempting to open a ticket for a patch I have written, but
> unfortunately the transparent proxy which my ISP uses has been
> blacklisted. (62.254.128.6)
>
> This proxy is used by hundreds if not thousands of people.
>
> Would someone raise a ticket for my patch please?
>
> Title: Gallery module for mythweb
> Text:
> Attached are two files, a patch to create the gallery module and a zip
> of the associated icons.
>
> This patch was based on one submitted by someone some time ago which I
> have gradually rewritten. (sorry I couldn't find you in the archive,
> whoever you were)

Found you! It's fairly different now tho:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/115827?search_string=mythweb%20gallery;#115827
_______________________________________________
mythtv-dev mailing list
mythtv-dev@mythtv.org
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-dev
Re: Trac blanket blacklisting + mythweb patch [ In reply to ]
On 9/2/06, Mark <irish@irishmark.co.uk> wrote:
>
> A slightly earlier version of this patch can be viewed in use here:
> http://irishmark.co.uk/mythweb/gallery
>

That patch looks pretty cool.

I see you have protected some important pages of your mythweb, but
there are some more you should protect as I was able to prevent you
recording upcoming shows (in the upcoming recordings screen) and I was
also able view your videos and download them, though I didn't of
course.

That may be bad for you as anyone can see your post in the archives
and could do annoying things.

Cheers,
Whytey
_______________________________________________
mythtv-dev mailing list
mythtv-dev@mythtv.org
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-dev
Re: Trac blanket blacklisting + mythweb patch [ In reply to ]
On 9/2/06, David Whyte <david.whyte@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/2/06, Mark <irish@irishmark.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > A slightly earlier version of this patch can be viewed in use here:
> > http://irishmark.co.uk/mythweb/gallery
> >
>
> That patch looks pretty cool.
>
> I see you have protected some important pages of your mythweb, but
> there are some more you should protect as I was able to prevent you
> recording upcoming shows (in the upcoming recordings screen) and I was
> also able view your videos and download them, though I didn't of
> course.
>
> That may be bad for you as anyone can see your post in the archives
> and could do annoying things.

While I find what you did pretty cool, perhaps it would make more
sense to make a use of Gallery's (http://gallery.menalto.com/)
embedding abilities?

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions
then search the Wiki, and this list,
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/
Mailinglist etiquette -
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Mailing_List_etiquette
_______________________________________________
mythtv-dev mailing list
mythtv-dev@mythtv.org
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-dev
Re: Trac blanket blacklisting + mythweb patch [ In reply to ]
Steven Adeff wrote:
> While I find what you did pretty cool, perhaps it would make more
> sense to make a use of Gallery's (http://gallery.menalto.com/)
> embedding abilities?

A long, long time ago I was thinking about how best to integrate with
remote galleries (i.e. menalto). I figured it would be possible to
modify the MythGallery module to read data remotely via either the
Gallery Remote protocol or the RSS module. I never got round to
completing it tho'. It would also be cool if MythGallery could also read
the iPhoto produced RSS streams.

That way you could use e.g. Digikam to manage your photos, use the
Gallery Export Kipi Plugin (of which I'm the maintainer and have quite a
few nice plans for tho' again time is my enemy) to sync your Digikam
Gallery to your Menalto Gallery, then use MythGallery to connect to the
Remote Gallery for viewing images etc.

That to me would be the ideal end-end solution allowing good managment
(Digikam), easy publishing/sharing via Kipi's Gallery Plugin and Menalto
Gallery on a website, and friendly viewing via MythGallery (which would
also be able to render the user posted comments!!).

If anyone else would like this scenario then perhaps it would reenable
my focus and make me spend a little more time on the two bits I need to
(make Kipi better and make MythGallery remote gallery aware).

Col.



--

+------------------------+
| Colin Guthrie |
+------------------------+
| myth(at)colin.guthr.ie |
| http://colin.guthr.ie/ |
+------------------------+
_______________________________________________
mythtv-dev mailing list
mythtv-dev@mythtv.org
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-dev
Re: Trac blanket blacklisting + mythweb patch [ In reply to ]
On 9/3/06, Colin Guthrie <mythtv@colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
> Steven Adeff wrote:
> > While I find what you did pretty cool, perhaps it would make more
> > sense to make a use of Gallery's (http://gallery.menalto.com/)
> > embedding abilities?
>
> A long, long time ago I was thinking about how best to integrate with
> remote galleries (i.e. menalto). I figured it would be possible to
> modify the MythGallery module to read data remotely via either the
> Gallery Remote protocol or the RSS module. I never got round to
> completing it tho'. It would also be cool if MythGallery could also read
> the iPhoto produced RSS streams.
>
> That way you could use e.g. Digikam to manage your photos, use the
> Gallery Export Kipi Plugin (of which I'm the maintainer and have quite a
> few nice plans for tho' again time is my enemy) to sync your Digikam
> Gallery to your Menalto Gallery, then use MythGallery to connect to the
> Remote Gallery for viewing images etc.
>
> That to me would be the ideal end-end solution allowing good managment
> (Digikam), easy publishing/sharing via Kipi's Gallery Plugin and Menalto
> Gallery on a website, and friendly viewing via MythGallery (which would
> also be able to render the user posted comments!!).
>
> If anyone else would like this scenario then perhaps it would reenable
> my focus and make me spend a little more time on the two bits I need to
> (make Kipi better and make MythGallery remote gallery aware).

that sounds like a perfect situation. I'm sure more people would use
MythGallery if this is how it worked.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions
then search the Wiki, and this list,
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/
Mailinglist etiquette -
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Mailing_List_etiquette
_______________________________________________
mythtv-dev mailing list
mythtv-dev@mythtv.org
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-dev