OpenGL VSync you need to rerun configure...

XvMC can use now use OpenGL for video display, so there was some overlap
with OpenGL VSync which required new defines.

I don't recommend compiling for XvMC OpenGL video display at the moment
since it slows things down. Also XvMC must be enabled if you compile for
it. I'm working on this in the mythtv-vid tree, so if you want to try it
out there configure with '--enable-xvmc --disable-xvmcw'.

-- Daniel

Re: Heads up, run ./configure for [9915]. [ In reply to ]
On 5/11/06, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk@cuymedia.net> wrote:
> I forgot to mention in the commit log that if you are using XvMC or
> OpenGL VSync you need to rerun configure...
>
> XvMC can use now use OpenGL for video display, so there was some overlap
> with OpenGL VSync which required new defines.
>
> I don't recommend compiling for XvMC OpenGL video display at the moment
> since it slows things down. Also XvMC must be enabled if you compile for
> it. I'm working on this in the mythtv-vid tree, so if you want to try it
> out there configure with '--enable-xvmc --disable-xvmcw'.

this is still in the proof of concept stages right? Will you (could
you?) announce when its ready for testing by us HDTV folk?

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!
Re: Heads up, run ./configure for [9915]. [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 14:40 -0400, Steven Adeff wrote:
> On 5/11/06, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk@cuymedia.net> wrote:
> > I don't recommend compiling for XvMC OpenGL video display at the moment
> > since it slows things down. Also XvMC must be enabled if you compile for
> > it. I'm working on this in the mythtv-vid tree, so if you want to try it
> > out there configure with '--enable-xvmc --disable-xvmcw'.
> this is still in the proof of concept stages right? Will you (could
> you?) announce when its ready for testing by us HDTV folk?
Sure, it'll probably be a while. I'm just working on this when I find the
time, my main goal for 0.20 is to get EIT and channel scanning working.

-- Daniel

Re: Heads up, run ./configure for [9915]. [ In reply to ]
On 5/11/06, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk@cuymedia.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 14:40 -0400, Steven Adeff wrote:
> > On 5/11/06, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk@cuymedia.net> wrote:
> > > I don't recommend compiling for XvMC OpenGL video display at the moment
> > > since it slows things down. Also XvMC must be enabled if you compile for
> > > it. I'm working on this in the mythtv-vid tree, so if you want to try it
> > > out there configure with '--enable-xvmc --disable-xvmcw'.
> > this is still in the proof of concept stages right? Will you (could
> > you?) announce when its ready for testing by us HDTV folk?
> Sure, it'll probably be a while. I'm just working on this when I find the
> time, my main goal for 0.20 is to get EIT and channel scanning working.

thats fine, I just want to know when I can start testing it and if I
should ignore your commits until you say its time =D