Remember: It's still epxerimental so use at your own risk!

Regards,
Frank
Re: [experimental patch] Teletext decoder for IVTV/DVB cards [ In reply to ]
Frank Muenchow wrote:

> Here's the newest experimental patch for DVB and IVTV teletext code.
> The patch is against todays CVS and includes the patch from Martin.
>
> Changes:
> - support Fast-Link (see Martin's patch
> (http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2005-April/035568.html) for
> details)
> - no double free or corruption error anymore (Thanks Jyrki Niskala!)
> - CharConversion (only tested in Germany - tell me, if it does not
> work for other languages)
>
> TODO:
> - see Martin's patch - it's the same :)
> - still no support for PS mode

I need to do a #include <math.h> in osdtypeteletext.cpp to get by the
round not defined error.. Is that the correct header to use?

Not at home ATM so can't test it out yet, but at least it compiles and
patches ok (short of the include statement above). can't wait to test
this out, but can only do so late tonight.. :(
Re: [experimental patch] Teletext decoder for IVTV/DVB cards [ In reply to ]
> Frank Muenchow wrote:
>
>> Here's the newest experimental patch for DVB and IVTV teletext code.
>> The patch is against todays CVS and includes the patch from Martin.

Yeah.. Works in Australia. Is there a key to hit to hide the header?
Re: [experimental patch] Teletext decoder for IVTV/DVB cards [ In reply to ]
On Wed 11 May 2005 22:41, Frank Muenchow wrote:
> Here's the newest experimental patch for DVB and IVTV teletext code.
> The patch is against todays CVS and includes the patch from Martin.

Well I patched a fresh "cvs update -Cd" and it won't compile.

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/mythtv/Downloads/mythtv/libs/libmyth'
cd libmythtv && make -f Makefile
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/mythtv/Downloads/mythtv/libs/libmythtv'
qmake -o Makefile libmythtv.pro
WARNING: Failure to find: vbidecoder.h
WARNING: Failure to find: vbilut.h
WARNING: Failure to find: osdtypeteletext.h
WARNING: Failure to find: vbidecoder.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: osdtypeteletext.cpp
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/mythtv/Downloads/mythtv/libs/libmythtv'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/mythtv/Downloads/mythtv/libs/libmythtv'
g++ -c -pipe -march=k8 -I/usr/include -pthread -I/usr/include/glib-2.0
-I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -Wall -W -O3 -Wall -Wno-switch
-fomit-frame-pointer `freetype-config --cflags` -D_REENTRANT -DPIC -fPIC
-DMMX -DUSING_IVTV -DUSING_DVB -DUSING_DVB_EIT -DUSING_XRANDR -DUSING_XVMC
-D_GNU_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DPREFIX=\"/usr/local\" -DUSING_XV
-DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_SHARED
-I/usr/lib/qt3/mkspecs/default64 -I. -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/src/linux-2.6.11-7mdk/include -I../.. -I../libmyth -I.. -Idvbdev
-Impeg -I../libavcodec -I../libmythmpeg2 -I/usr/lib/qt3//include -o
commercial_skip.o commercial_skip.cpp
In file included from commercial_skip.h:6,
from commercial_skip.cpp:7:
NuppelVideoPlayer.h:15:24: vbidecoder.h: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [commercial_skip.o] Error 1

--
Stuart Morgan
Re: [experimental patch] Teletext decoder for IVTV/DVB cards [ In reply to ]
Stuart Morgan schrieb:
> On Wed 11 May 2005 22:41, Frank Muenchow wrote:
>
>>Here's the newest experimental patch for DVB and IVTV teletext code.
>>The patch is against todays CVS and includes the patch from Martin.
>

> Well I patched a fresh "cvs update -Cd" and it won't compile.
>

> WARNING: Failure to find: vbidecoder.h
> WARNING: Failure to find: vbilut.h
> WARNING: Failure to find: osdtypeteletext.h
> WARNING: Failure to find: vbidecoder.cpp
> WARNING: Failure to find: osdtypeteletext.cpp

You missed to put these files in the right directory (libs/libmythtv)
Then, it should work. :)

Frank
Re: [experimental patch] Teletext decoder for IVTV/DVB cards [ In reply to ]
On Thu 12 May 2005 15:07, Frank Muenchow wrote:
> > WARNING: Failure to find: vbidecoder.h
> > WARNING: Failure to find: vbilut.h
> > WARNING: Failure to find: osdtypeteletext.h
> > WARNING: Failure to find: vbidecoder.cpp
> > WARNING: Failure to find: osdtypeteletext.cpp
>
> You missed to put these files in the right directory (libs/libmythtv)
> Then, it should work. :)

Ahh nuts .... didn't do a verbose 'tar xzf' and those files got lost amongst
the other junk in the folder. Thanks for the explanation.
--
Stuart Morgan
Re: [experimental patch] Teletext decoder for IVTV/DVB cards [ In reply to ]
On Thu 12 May 2005 03:34, Tj wrote:
> I need to do a #include <math.h> in osdtypeteletext.cpp to get by the
> round not defined error.. Is that the correct header to use?

Ditto.

Well it didn't crash or otherwise affect Myth. I couldn't really test it
completely - analogue Teletext isn't broadcast on DVB-T in the UK. However
the overlay telling me it could find the page worked fine ;)
--
Stuart Morgan
Re: [experimental patch] Teletext decoder for IVTV/DVB cards [ In reply to ]
> >> Here's the newest experimental patch for DVB and IVTV teletext code.
> >> The patch is against todays CVS and includes the patch from Martin.

What's the status of NTSC closed captioning with IVTV and PVR-X50?
I've seen a number of teletext and vbi related patches recently and I
keep hoping...

-Ross
Re: [experimental patch] Teletext decoder for IVTV/DVB cards [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Frank Muenchow schrieb:
> Here's the newest experimental patch for DVB and IVTV teletext code.
> The patch is against todays CVS and includes the patch from Martin.

Works fine here in Berlin for DVB-T. Teletext displays fine including
character conversion (for german).

Some small issues:

- Video gets choppy and slow in the background. It reacts quite slowly
to RC button presses, at least if I select the pages by number. I'm
running it on a P3-800, which is probably a low-end machine nowadays.

- It would be nice if the clock could get updated continously. It
"jumps" quite heavily. But this is just cosmetical stuff...

Very nice work :-).

Stephan
Re: [experimental patch] Teletext decoder for IVTV/DVB cards [ In reply to ]
> Here's the newest experimental patch for *DVB* and IVTV *teletext* code.
> The patch is against todays CVS and includes the patch from Martin.
>
> Changes:
> - support Fast-Link (see Martin's patch
> (http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2005-April/035568.html) for
details)
> - no double free or corruption error anymore (Thanks Jyrki Niskala!)
> - CharConversion (only tested in Germany - tell me, if it does not work
> for other languages)
>
> TODO:
> - see Martin's patch - it's the same :)
> - still no support for PS mode

With this patch, it takes a few seconds for video/audio to turn up when
watching LiveTV, is this normal? (Without this patch, liveTV comes up in
around a second or so.)

Re: [experimental patch] Teletext decoder for IVTV/DVB cards [ In reply to ]
Tj schrieb:
> > Here's the newest experimental patch for *DVB* and IVTV *teletext* code.
> > The patch is against todays CVS and includes the patch from Martin.
> >
> > Changes:
> > - support Fast-Link (see Martin's patch
> > (http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2005-April/035568.html) for
> details)
> > - no double free or corruption error anymore (Thanks Jyrki Niskala!)
> > - CharConversion (only tested in Germany - tell me, if it does not work
> > for other languages)
> >
> > TODO:
> > - see Martin's patch - it's the same :)
> > - still no support for PS mode
>
> With this patch, it takes a few seconds for video/audio to turn up when
> watching LiveTV, is this normal? (Without this patch, liveTV comes up in
> around a second or so.)

Yes, it is normal. For me, this happens since I implemented the patch
from Jyrki Niskala to avoid the double free or corruption error. Don't
know yet why this happens but I'm looking forward to get a solution soon.

Frank
[experimental patch] Teletext decoder for IVTV/DVB cards [ In reply to ]
The latest experimental patch for Teletext(VBI) decoding for IVTV/DVB
cards can be found at:

http://mitglied.lycos.de/beebof/myth.html

Changes since last patch:
- supports double height characters
- subpage selection (use cursor-left/right to select)
- display subtitle pages properly (hopefully)
- some code cleanup

TODO:
- select only available subpages
- header: cleanunp and updates
- still no PS support
- overrules 'T' for Teletext/cc
- teletext font definition

Remember: It's still experimental - Use at your own risk!

Frank
Re: [experimental patch] Teletext decoder for IVTV/DVB cards [ In reply to ]
> The latest experimental patch for Teletext(VBI) decoding for IVTV/DVB
> cards can be found at:
>
> http://mitglied.lycos.de/beebof/myth.html
>
> Changes since last patch:
> - supports double height characters
> - subpage selection (use cursor-left/right to select)
> - display subtitle pages properly (hopefully)
> - some code cleanup
>
> TODO:
> - select only available subpages
> - header: cleanunp and updates
> - still no PS support
> - overrules 'T' for Teletext/cc
> - teletext font definition
>

> Remember: It's still experimental - Use at your own risk!
>

> Frank

Hi Frank

I just tried your patch, but for me it doesn't seem to compile :-(

I'm running Gentoo
gcc 3.3.5
qt 3.3.4-r2
mythtv cvn r6798.

I patch myth with patch -p0 <mythdvb_teletext.patch.20050711

The attachment is the make error. Am i missing something?

Best regards /Staffan
Re: [experimental patch] Teletext decoder for IVTV/DVB cards [ In reply to ]
Staffan Pettersson schrieb:
>>The latest experimental patch for Teletext(VBI) decoding for IVTV/DVB
>>cards can be found at:
>>
>>http://mitglied.lycos.de/beebof/myth.html
>>
>>Changes since last patch:
>>- supports double height characters
>>- subpage selection (use cursor-left/right to select)
>>- display subtitle pages properly (hopefully)
>>- some code cleanup
>>
>>TODO:
>>- select only available subpages
>>- header: cleanunp and updates
>>- still no PS support
>>- overrules 'T' for Teletext/cc
>>- teletext font definition
>>

>>Remember: It's still experimental - Use at your own risk!
>>

>>Frank
>>

> Hi Frank
>
> I just tried your patch, but for me it doesn't seem to compile :-(
>
> I'm running Gentoo
> gcc 3.3.5
> qt 3.3.4-r2
> mythtv cvn r6798.
>
> I patch myth with patch -p0 <mythdvb_teletext.patch.20050711
>
> The attachment is the make error. Am i missing something?

No, I think, it's my fault.
Take a look at libs/libmythtv/libmythtv.pro:

The teletext stuff(*) have to be in the using_frontend section and not
in using_backend section.

Please tell me, if that works. :)

Frank

(*)
# teletext stuff
HEADERS += vbidecoder.h vbilut.h osdtypeteletext.h
SOURCES += vbidecoder.cpp osdtypeteletext.cpp
Re: [experimental patch] Teletext decoder for IVTV/DVB cards [ In reply to ]
Frank Muenchow wrote:

> No, I think, it's my fault.
> Take a look at libs/libmythtv/libmythtv.pro:
>
> The teletext stuff(*) have to be in the using_frontend section and not
> in using_backend section.
>
> Please tell me, if that works. :)
>
> Frank
>

> (*)
> # teletext stuff
> HEADERS += vbidecoder.h vbilut.h osdtypeteletext.h
> SOURCES += vbidecoder.cpp osdtypeteletext.cpp

I'm using GCC 4.0.0 and Mandrake, and I couldn't compile vbidecoder
because of the following:

"m_pageinput[0] = '0' + key;"

GCC can't find an operator to use for + as it is ambiguous.. :(

Next I tried to cast the variable "key" as char, it compiled fine, but I
can't really get teletex (and subtitles) to work properly... Could it be
because of the cast? What should it be?

Thanks..

Re: [experimental patch] Teletext decoder for IVTV/DVB cards [ In reply to ]
Tj schrieb:
> I'm using GCC 4.0.0 and Mandrake, and I couldn't compile vbidecoder
> because of the following:
>
> "m_pageinput[0] = '0' + key;"
>
> GCC can't find an operator to use for + as it is ambiguous.. :(
>
> Next I tried to cast the variable "key" as char, it compiled fine, but I
> can't really get teletex (and subtitles) to work properly... Could it be
> because of the cast? What should it be?

Try to cast "key" as int and tell me if it works.

Frank
Re: [experimental patch] Teletext decoder for IVTV/DVB cards [ In reply to ]
>> Hi Frank
>>
>> I just tried your patch, but for me it doesn't seem to compile :-(
>>
>> I'm running Gentoo
>> gcc 3.3.5
>> qt 3.3.4-r2
>> mythtv cvn r6798.
>>
>> I patch myth with patch -p0 <mythdvb_teletext.patch.20050711
>>
>> The attachment is the make error. Am i missing something?
>
> No, I think, it's my fault.
> Take a look at libs/libmythtv/libmythtv.pro:
>
> The teletext stuff(*) have to be in the using_frontend section and not
> in using_backend section.
>
> Please tell me, if that works. :)
>
> Frank
>

> (*)
> # teletext stuff
> HEADERS += vbidecoder.h vbilut.h osdtypeteletext.h
> SOURCES += vbidecoder.cpp osdtypeteletext.cpp

Hi again

Awesome work! I did what you discribed. rearanged my libmythtv.pro, and
all compiled fine. Both teletext and teletext subs workes. I havent had
time to test everything yet, it was getting late last night.

This is some things that i noticed though.

1. I dont seem to have swedish letters (å,ä,ö) i think they are german now
2. If i switch channels, the teletext may stay on the previous channel

Cheers! /Staffan