Mailing List Archive

Subrequest to remote server
Hello list,
just to make sure I didn't miss something:

Am I right in the assumption that I can not make a Embperl subrequest
directly to a remote server?
I tried in myaction.ep:
Execute ( { inputfile => 'somestring',
subrequest => 'http://hidden.server.com/action/to/perform',
} )
But I got the error :
File does not exist: /path/to/myaction.ep/proxy:http:

My current workaround is now to have a ProxyPass Directive in httpd.conf:
ProxyPass /virt/action http://hidden.server.com/action/to/perform

and then in myaction.ep:
Execute ( { inputfile => 'somestring',
subrequest =>
'/virt/action/?'.Serialize(%fdat).Serialize(%udat),
} )

Despite the fact that this works, I' rather avoid this, because a) I
don't want to expose hidden.server to the public and
b) myaction.ep is somewhat sessioncontroled access restricted, what is
now lost.
Because now everboy can perform an
http://public.server.com/virt/action?data=to&foist=the_server.

Does anybody have an idea about that or am I doing something stupid here

Thanks

--
mit freundlichem Gruß,

Frank Wesemann
Fotofinder GmbH USt-IdNr. DE812854514
Software Entwicklung Web: http://www.fotofinder.net/
Potsdamer Str. 96 Tel: +49 30 25 79 28 90
10785 Berlin Fax: +49 30 25 79 28 999

Sitz: Berlin
Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg (HRB 73099)
Geschäftsführer: Ali Paczensky

Re: Subrequest to remote server [ In reply to ]
I remember vaguely I had similar problem some time agou - solved it
using LWP

- Robert

RE: Subrequest to remote server [ In reply to ]
> just to make sure I didn't miss something:
>
> Am I right in the assumption that I can not make a Embperl
> subrequest directly to a remote server?
> I tried in myaction.ep:
> Execute ( { inputfile => 'somestring',
> subrequest =>
> 'http://hidden.server.com/action/to/perform',
> } )
> But I got the error :
> File does not exist: /path/to/myaction.ep/proxy:http:

Try

proxy:http://hidden.server.com/action/to/perform

That should work, but I didn't tried it on my own (of course proxy needs
to be enabled and loaded)

Gerald