Stas Bekman JAm_pH -- Just Another mod_perl Hacker
http://stason.org/ mod_perl Guide http://perl.apache.org/guide
mailto:stas@stason.org http://apachetoday.com http://eXtropia.com/

Re: moving pod/ away [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 11 Sep 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:

> I'm about to move the contents of pod/ to the modperl-docs rep, which gets
> checks out as docs/ inside modperl-2.0 root tree. There is at least one
> test that uses a file from pod/ , should I adjust it to use some other
> file, e.g. Changes or should I point it to docs/src/devel/ where the file
> is going to move to?

there is no Changes file yet :)
speaking of which, i'd really like to see a generated ChangeLog like what
php does. which has detail of each change made, which files are touched,
etc. then Changes will be a summary of the ChangeLog for each release.

anyhow, you can change the test to point at any other file, or docs/ after
the move is made.

RE: moving pod/ away [ In reply to ]

> there is no Changes file yet :)
> speaking of which, i'd really like to see a generated
> ChangeLog like what
> php does. which has detail of each change made, which files
> are touched,
> etc. then Changes will be a summary of the ChangeLog for
> each release.

as brian mentioned at the conference, there is
http://www.red-bean.com/cvs2cl/, which produces a ChangeLog like

* Dispatch.pm: added DispatchDebug just a minor commit since I
can't remember what I was working on last

* Changes, Dispatch.pm: added fixes for <Location /> and @ISA

--Geoff

RE: moving pod/ away [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, Geoffrey Young wrote:

> as brian mentioned at the conference, there is
> http://www.red-bean.com/cvs2cl/, which produces a ChangeLog like

very cool. would be nicer if:
- \n after the list of files

- the PR: Obtained from: Submitted by: Reviewed by:
could each be on their own line and omitted if there is no value
(e.g. none of the current modperl-2.0 changes have a PR)

- 2001-09-08 11:00 stas
were expanded to the full name

- if we could somehow skip the Apache-Test directory, since that
ChangeLog should be in httpd-test/perl-framework

Re: moving pod/ away [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, Doug MacEachern wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Sep 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
> > I'm about to move the contents of pod/ to the modperl-docs rep, which gets
> > checks out as docs/ inside modperl-2.0 root tree. There is at least one
> > test that uses a file from pod/ , should I adjust it to use some other
> > file, e.g. Changes or should I point it to docs/src/devel/ where the file
> > is going to move to?
>
> there is no Changes file yet :)

what do you mean, no Changes:

% more Changes
=item 1.99_01-dev

:)

> speaking of which, i'd really like to see a generated ChangeLog like what
> php does. which has detail of each change made, which files are touched,
> etc. then Changes will be a summary of the ChangeLog for each release.

As I understand Geoff is taking care of that :)

> anyhow, you can change the test to point at any other file, or docs/ after
> the move is made.

cool, but it has to be some large file, right? Or I can point it to
Makefile which is always there and it's fat. Seems like a good bet.

RE: moving pod/ away [ In reply to ]

> > speaking of which, i'd really like to see a generated
> ChangeLog like what
> > php does. which has detail of each change made, which
> files are touched,
> > etc. then Changes will be a summary of the ChangeLog for
> each release.
>
> As I understand Geoff is taking care of that :)

well, not any time soon. I spent about a half hour and hacked the PR: and
cousin stuff into the XML version of the ChangeLog, but that's about as far
as I'll get at least for the next 6 weeks...

after that, hopefully I'll have some time to contribute back to the project
*sigh*

--Geoff

Re: moving pod/ away [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:

> cool, but it has to be some large file, right? Or I can point it to
> Makefile which is always there and it's fat. Seems like a good bet.

Makefile sounds good.