Mailing List Archive

build warns
if I rebuild Perl I get 4 warns (below) when running this build:

% make clean
% /home/stas/perl-5.6.1/bin/perl Makefile.PL \
MP_GENERATE_XS=1 MP_USE_DSO=1 MP_DEBUG=1 \
MP_APXS=/home/stas/httpd-2.0/bin/apxs && make


Makefile out-of-date with respect to
/home/stas/perl-5.6.1/lib/5.6.1/i686-linux-thread-multi/Config.pm
/home/stas/perl-5.6.1/lib/5.6.1/i686-linux-thread-multi/CORE/config.h
Cleaning current config before rebuilding Makefile...
make -f Makefile.old clean > /dev/null 2>&1 || /bin/sh -c true
/home/stas/perl-5.6.1/bin/perl
"-I/home/stas/perl-5.6.1/lib/5.6.1/i686-linux-thread-multi"
"-I/home/stas/perl-5.6.1/lib/5.6.1" Makefile.PL
Use of uninitialized value in -d at lib/Apache/Build.pm line 443.
Use of uninitialized value in -l at lib/Apache/Build.pm line 443.
Use of uninitialized value in -l at lib/Apache/Build.pm line 443.
Use of uninitialized value in -l at lib/Apache/Build.pm line 443.
Configure mod_perl with ../httpd-2.0? [y]

You can reproduce the problem by just touching the files it's looking at:
% touch -d 20020101 /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i686-linux/Config.pm
/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i686-linux/CORE/config.h

the lib/Apache/Build.pm is autogenerated... need to find who creates it...


_____________________________________________________________________
Stas Bekman JAm_pH -- Just Another mod_perl Hacker
http://stason.org/ mod_perl Guide http://perl.apache.org/guide
mailto:stas@stason.org http://apachetoday.com http://logilune.com/
http://singlesheaven.com http://perl.apache.org http://perlmonth.com/



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@perl.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@perl.apache.org
Re: build warns [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 21 Apr 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Use of uninitialized value in -d at lib/Apache/Build.pm line 443.
> Use of uninitialized value in -l at lib/Apache/Build.pm line 443.
> Use of uninitialized value in -l at lib/Apache/Build.pm line 443.
> Use of uninitialized value in -l at lib/Apache/Build.pm line 443.

should be fixed now.

> the lib/Apache/Build.pm is autogenerated... need to find who creates it...

hmm? you mean lib/Apache/BuildConfig.pm ? Apache/Build.pm generates it.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@perl.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@perl.apache.org
Re: build warns [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, Doug MacEachern wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Apr 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
> > Use of uninitialized value in -d at lib/Apache/Build.pm line 443.
> > Use of uninitialized value in -l at lib/Apache/Build.pm line 443.
> > Use of uninitialized value in -l at lib/Apache/Build.pm line 443.
> > Use of uninitialized value in -l at lib/Apache/Build.pm line 443.
>
> should be fixed now.

indeed

> > the lib/Apache/Build.pm is autogenerated... need to find who creates it...
>
> hmm? you mean lib/Apache/BuildConfig.pm ? Apache/Build.pm generates it.

I was trying to debug, added some warns, but emacs told me that someone
has modified the file, so I assumed that it was autogenerated.

anyway, it works now, thanks

_____________________________________________________________________
Stas Bekman JAm_pH -- Just Another mod_perl Hacker
http://stason.org/ mod_perl Guide http://perl.apache.org/guide
mailto:stas@stason.org http://apachetoday.com http://logilune.com/
http://singlesheaven.com http://perl.apache.org http://perlmonth.com/



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@perl.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@perl.apache.org