/home/user/MyDocs/DB Calendar.ics: Error reading calendar file
/home/user/MyDocs/DB Calendar.ics: invalid value in attribute RRULE

If I import a week's worth of events it works. I suspect it has
something to do with recurring events. Can anyone help me solve this
problem? I'd like to be able to synchronize my entire calendar, not
just a few days worth. Might there be a better way of synchronizing
than the path I've chosen? Thanks!

Dave
Re: Synchronizing Outlook calendar with N800 GPE Calendar [ In reply to ]
I am not a windows user, but you can use an add-on to sync with
Google, you can then subscribe to your published .ics file directly
over the net... I've found when you open GPE Cal it auto updates the
calendar -- next would be to have it do it in the background.

On 2/21/07, DAVID BURGER <dwburger@ucdavis.edu> wrote:

> I'd like to synchronize my Outlook calendar (running under Windows XP Pro)
> to GPE Calendar running on my Nokia N800. So far my solution has been to
> use an Outlook add-in called OutlookExport that will create .ics files. I
> then send the .ics file via Bluetooth to my N800 and import with GPE
> Calendar. My problem is that it doesn't always work. I've tried
> exporting/importing a .ics calendar that includes several weeks worth of
> events and I get the following error
>

> /home/user/MyDocs/DB Calendar.ics: Error reading calendar file
> /home/user/MyDocs/DB Calendar.ics: invalid value in attribute RRULE
>

> If I import a week's worth of events it works. I suspect it has something
> to do with recurring events. Can anyone help me solve this problem? I'd
> like to be able to synchronize my entire calendar, not just a few days
> worth. Might there be a better way of synchronizing than the path I've
> chosen? Thanks!
>

> Dave

Jonathan Greene
m 917.560.3000
AIM / iChat - atmasphere
gtalk / jabber - jonathangreene@gmail.com
Gizmo - JonathanGreene
blog - http://www.atmasphere.net/wp
Re: Synchronizing Outlook calendar with N800 GPE Calendar [ In reply to ]
> I am not a windows user, but you can use an add-on to sync with
> Google, you can then subscribe to your published .ics file directly
> over the net... I've found when you open GPE Cal it auto updates the
> calendar -- next would be to have it do it in the background.

How do you subscribe to a remote calendar using GPE-cal? I haven't
been able to do so thus far...

--
It doesn't take a nukular scientist to pronounce foilage! --Marge Simpson
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/shouldbefree.html
Re: Synchronizing Outlook calendar with N800 GPE Calendar [ In reply to ]
Worked for me --

http://www.atmasphere.net/wp/archives/2007/01/25/getting-google-calendar-on-your-nokia-tablet