I should record using gstreamer.

Questions:
1) is there a canonical tutorial/example for using osso-media-server,
or shall I learn from Kagu?
2) is there the same for audio recording using gstreamer?

I am new to the gstreamer thing, so be gentle ;)

--
Mark L. Chang
Re: Recording audio in python [ In reply to ]
Mark Chang a écrit :
> Sorry for the ignorance -- I just got this thing :).
>
> We are trying to do recording from the microphone input and playback
> using Python. The archives tell me that I can do playback through
> osso-media-server or through gstreamer, and that the osso thing is the
> native playback mechanism. I saw some demo playback code in Kagu here:
>
> http://kagumedia.com/projects/kagu/browser/trunk/src/kagu/ossoplayer.py
>
> and some gstreamer code there as well. The archives also tell me that
> I should record using gstreamer.
>
> Questions:
> 1) is there a canonical tutorial/example for using osso-media-server,
> or shall I learn from Kagu?
> 2) is there the same for audio recording using gstreamer?
>
> I am new to the gstreamer thing, so be gentle ;)

I suppose you could get recording example from "Maemo Recorder" ...

Fred
Re: Recording audio in python [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 10:13 AM, Fred <Fred@lefevere-laoide.net> wrote:
> I suppose you could get recording example from "Maemo Recorder" ...

I thought that was C? I'll take a peek and see if I can glean something.

--
Mark L. Chang
Re: Recording audio in python [ In reply to ]
Mark Chang schrieb:
> Sorry for the ignorance -- I just got this thing :).
>
> We are trying to do recording from the microphone input and playback
> using Python. The archives tell me that I can do playback through
> osso-media-server or through gstreamer, and that the osso thing is the
> native playback mechanism. I saw some demo playback code in Kagu here:
>
> http://kagumedia.com/projects/kagu/browser/trunk/src/kagu/ossoplayer.py
>
> and some gstreamer code there as well. The archives also tell me that
> I should record using gstreamer.
>
> Questions:
> 1) is there a canonical tutorial/example for using osso-media-server,
> or shall I learn from Kagu?
> 2) is there the same for audio recording using gstreamer?
>
> I am new to the gstreamer thing, so be gentle ;)

Use gstreamer for both. Osso-media-server is not public api. Just look at
general python gstreamer ressources and then use dsppcmsrc/sink instead of
alsasrc/sink. Be also aware that the src is made for voip add and only support
8khz (yes, thats a pity).

Stefan
Re: Recording audio in python [ In reply to ]

> Mark Chang schrieb:
> > Sorry for the ignorance -- I just got this thing :).
> >
> > We are trying to do recording from the microphone input and playback
> > using Python. The archives tell me that I can do playback through
> > osso-media-server or through gstreamer, and that the osso thing is the
> > native playback mechanism. I saw some demo playback code in Kagu here:
> >
> > http://kagumedia.com/projects/kagu/browser/trunk/src/kagu/ossoplayer.py
> >
> > and some gstreamer code there as well. The archives also tell me that
> > I should record using gstreamer.
> >
> > Questions:
> > 1) is there a canonical tutorial/example for using osso-media-server,
> > or shall I learn from Kagu?
> > 2) is there the same for audio recording using gstreamer?
> >
> > I am new to the gstreamer thing, so be gentle ;)

An alternative to your current try is Easy
<http://easy.garage.maemo.org>(kinda more high level). It provides
easy recording and playback, and many
more multimedia stuff.

--
André Dieb Martins

Embedded Systems and Pervasive Computing Lab (Embedded)
Electrical Engineering Department (DEE)
Center of Electrical Engineering and Informatics (CEEI)
Federal University of Campina Grande (UFCG)

Blog: http://genuinepulse.blogspot.com/