P.S. In a perfect scenerio, it would be nice to write a PyGame program
to *record* video from the N800 camera, and then *playback* the video in
the same PyGame program!
Re: PyGame with GStreamer: HELP? [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 3:27 AM, Darren Enns <darethehair@gmail.com> wrote:
> Forgive my poor terminology, but I am writing a PyGame python program
> for my N800, and I would like to integrate some GStreamer video-playback
> ability as well (looks like the OLPC have already done this just fine).
> I want to be able to control the size/location of where the video from
> GStreamer plays on the PyGame surface -- but I have not seen any
> examples for this yet.
>
> Any advise?
Have you seen this tutorial(it is outdated but it looks like a good
start for you)?
http://maemo.org/development/documentation/how-tos/3-x/howto_camera_api_bora.html
Re: PyGame with GStreamer: HELP? [ In reply to ]
Kees Jongenburger wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 3:27 AM, Darren Enns <darethehair@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Forgive my poor terminology, but I am writing a PyGame python program
>> for my N800, and I would like to integrate some GStreamer video-playback
>> ability as well (looks like the OLPC have already done this just fine).
>> I want to be able to control the size/location of where the video from
>> GStreamer plays on the PyGame surface -- but I have not seen any
>> examples for this yet.
>>
>> Any advise?
>>
> Have you seen this tutorial(it is outdated but it looks like a good
> start for you)?
> http://maemo.org/development/documentation/how-tos/3-x/howto_camera_api_bora.html

Thanks, yes, I had noted that link briefly, but my eyes quickly glazed
over :)

Actually, writing a Python application to play a video is easily done in
10 lines or less of code, so I am not sure what that tutorial is all
about, except perhaps for providing a better GUI interface, etc.. In my
case, I merely want to extend some minimal gstreamer code into a
'pygame' context. I think I will post my request in the 'pygame-users'
mailing list too, just in case.

Dare