Hi,

Can I get same bluez utils from standart repositories? I need in
hcitool and rfcomm for binding console to my TomTom Go 910. Or, I
should compile them from source itself? What the version BlueZ i
should compile then?

--
Best regards,
Arkady Glazov
Re: Bluez utilities - where get it [ In reply to ]
I have it in my repository

http://mulliner.org/nokia770/mullinerorg_chinook.install

Collin

--
Collin R. Mulliner <collin@betaversion.net>
BETAVERSiON Systems [www.betaversion.net]

Re: Bluez utilities - where get it [ In reply to ]
Hi Arkady,

> Can I get same bluez utils from standart repositories? I need in
> hcitool and rfcomm for binding console to my TomTom Go 910. Or, I
> should compile them from source itself? What the version BlueZ i
> should compile then?

the maemo bluez-utils is build with a bluez-utils-test package that
contains all of these above. It should be available in the default maemo
repository, but as you have realized not installed by default.

Also I don't understand why you need it. The OS2008 edition can handle
Bluetooth GPS devices through the UI.

Regards

Marcel

Re: Bluez utilities - where get it [ In reply to ]
Hi Marcel,

I don't find package in chinook repository:

/home/user # apt-get install bluez-utils-test
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
E: Couldn't find package bluez-utils-test
/home/user #

I need this tools for binding rfcomm device. I solved the problem
after building BlueZ 3.20 from chinook sources under scratchbox and
from there taking these utilities.

--
Best regards,
Arkady Glazov
Re: Bluez utilities - where get it [ In reply to ]
2007/12/26, Collin R. Mulliner <collin@betaversion.net>:
> I have it in my repository
>
> http://mulliner.org/nokia770/mullinerorg_chinook.install

I try your built, thanks. But when i run hcitool scan i don't see result.
It take long time and not find my device or find it, but can not resolve name.
With built myself blluez from sources chinook repository (version
3.20) I solved my problems.
Many thanks for help.

Re: Bluez utilities - where get it [ In reply to ]
Arkady Glazov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can I get same bluez utils from standart repositories? I need in
> hcitool and rfcomm for binding console to my TomTom Go 910. Or, I
> should compile them from source itself? What the version BlueZ i
> should compile then?

If all you need is 'hcitool scan' and rfcomm bind and release
functionality then you may also check how it is done in kbdd for OS2008
[1][2]. There is dbus-bluez-rfcomm shell script as a replacement for
rfcomm binary and dbus-bluez-scan binary made out of Vala bluez example
[3]. Additional advantage is that you don't need root privileges and
rfcomm port is allocated automatically so you don't need to hardcode it.

Frantisek

1. http://fanoush.wz.cz/maemo/#kbdd
2. http://fanoush.wz.cz/maemo/kbdd.tar.gz
3. http://live.gnome.org/Vala/BlueZSample