Mailing List Archive

Accepting Nomination for Community Council
I am accepting my Nomination for the community council and would like to run.
Arie

--

Sent from my Nokia N9

On 4/20/12 1:27 PM arie@everythingn9.com wrote:

I agree with your Idea fully Quim.
Arie

--

Sent from my Nokia N9

On 4/20/12 11:49 AM Quim Gil wrote:

Maybe the simplest approach is to organize different activities and
agree on an amount devices to allocate for each.

Instead of discussing THE criteria for allocating all those devices we
could agree who organizes what and how many devices that activity is
requesting.

Also because it feels that it's not easy to pull resources for a full
fledged seeding program. That takes a serious amount if time and energy,
I can tell.

We could have:

- Competition. Focus on ADM / Extras / community repos. Put the N950s
there. I have asked how many we have). Winners could have an option of
getting an N9 instead.

- Publish your OSS app at Nokia Store. The goal being to channel to all
N9 users the good stuff that now lies elsewhere.

- Your app in Qt 5. Show your Qt 4 app and your plan to demo it running
in Qt 5 on N9.

- Prizes for great maemo.org contributors in any areas: betatesting,
infrastructure, forum/IRC support and engagement, promotion...

Anything else?

I could help directly on Nokia Store & Qt 5 since these tasks are
closely related to my work and the reasons why I'm able to offer these
devices. Who would want to step in for any of these tasks?

The competition and the prizes for contributors are defined by
categories, therefore it would be relatively easy to calculate the
amount of devices needed. Then we could split the rest for the remaining
activities.

What do you think?

--

Quim

Re: Accepting Nomination for Community Council [ In reply to ]
On 20 April 2012 18:47, <arie@everythingn9.com> wrote:
> I am accepting my Nomination for the community council and would like to
> run.

Could you confirm your maemo.org username? Could you outline why
you're running and what you'd like to achieve?

There are some additional questions on
http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_Council/Council_election_May_2012/Candidate_declarations

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

--
Andrew Flegg -- mailto:andrew@bleb.org  |  http://www.bleb.org/
Re: Accepting Nomination for Community Council [ In reply to ]
My maemo.org username is Arie, I'm still answering those questions.
Arie

--

Sent from my Nokia N9

Andrew Flegg -- mailto:andrew@bleb.org | http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_Council/Council_election_May_2012/Candidate_declarations

arie@everythingn9.com
http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_Council/Council_election_May_2012/Candidate_declarations
Re: Accepting Nomination for Community Council [ In reply to ]
On 21 April 2012 14:05, <arie@everythingn9.com> wrote:
> My maemo.org username is Arie, I'm still answering those questions.

Unfortunately your account isn't elligble to stand at the moment, as
it only has "karma" of 3:

http://maemo.org/profile/view/arie/

According to the Election Process, you must have a karma of 100 or higher:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_Council/Election_process

If you are an active TMO user, have you linked your accounts? This
may, after a recalculation, give you enough points to be eligible:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Link_talk.maemo.org_account_with_maemo.org_profile

Hope that helps,

Andrew

--