Mailing List Archive

Final candidate list for Maemo Community Council elections
Hi all,

The nomination period for the Community Council elections closed last
week, and we have 10 candidates for the 5 places in this election for
the Maemo Community Council.

The final candidate list is:

1. Andrea Grandi: http://maemo.org/profile/view/andy80/
2. Tim Samoff: http://maemo.org/profile/view/timsamoff/
3. Rüdiger Schiller: http://maemo.org/profile/view/chemist/
4. Cosimo Kroll: http://maemo.org/profile/view/zehjotkah/
5. Andrew Flegg: http://maemo.org/profile/view/jaffa/
6. Stephen Gadsby: http://maemo.org/profile/view/sjgadsby/
7. Felipe Crochik: http://maemo.org/profile/view/fcrochik/
8. Robin Burchell: http://maemo.org/profile/view/w00t/
9. Kathy Smith: http://maemo.org/profile/view/revdkathy/
10. Attila Csipa/attila77: http://maemo.org/profile/view/achipa/

You can find the candidate's reasons for running for the council and get
some idea of what they would like to see happen if elected on the
candidate declarations page in the wiki:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_Council/Council_election_Q3_2010/Candidate_declarations

Please take full advantage of the hustings period this week to figure
out who you would like to vote for - ask questions, be provocative,
ensure that the next community council shares your vision for the community.

To help the process along, and have something resembling a debate on the
issues facing Maemo, EIPI is organising a candidate Q&A on
talk.maemo.org: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=62112 - please
consider asking your question there & getting it short-listed for all
candidates.

Voting in the election opens on the 16th of September. If you are
eligible to vote (>10 karma on September 8th, and a maemo.org account
created on or before 22/6/2010), you will receive a voting token by the
15th of September, which you can use to vote. If you think you should
receive a token, and you have not received one by the 16th of September,
please contact me and I will re-issue your token, or explain why you did
not receive one.

Good luck to the candidates!

Cheers,
Dave.

--
maemo.org docsmaster
Email: dneary@maemo.org

Re: Final candidate list for Maemo Community Council elections [ In reply to ]
On 9/13/10, Dave Neary <dneary@maemo.org> wrote:

> To help the process along, and have something resembling a debate on the
> issues facing Maemo, EIPI is organising a candidate Q&A on
> talk.maemo.org: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=62112 - please
> consider asking your question there & getting it short-listed for all
> candidates.

Just to clarify - I have already submitted 5 questions to the
candidates, and will publish those with the responses on my blog by
the time of voting start. I will not be organizing questions from the
community and passing those along to the candidates this time around.
For those wishing to ask further questions of the candidates, I
suggest you do so either on this list, or the forum, as the above
referenced link suggests.

Sanjeev

--
EIPI