From: "Randall Arnold‎" <texrat@ovi.com>
To: "MeeGo Dev List‎" <meego-dev@meego.com>, "MeeGo community‎"
<meego-community@meego.com>
Subject: [MeeGo-dev] Fw: Akademy talk acceptance (Enhancing User
Engagement on Mobile Devices)
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 09:29:51 -0500

Great news everyone!  The talk on "Enhancing User Engagement on Mobile
Devices" has been accepted for Akademy 2010!  To catch up anyone who may
not be familiar with the goal, this is the effort to bring bug reporting,
application rating, user karma and related feedback-oriented features to
handheld Linux devices.  The Meego-specific project info is on the MeeGo
wiki [1].  A living draft of the whitepaper itself can be found on Google
Docs and is open to editing [2].

For this many people deserve thanks and I hope I can count on them (you)
to help with the final whitepaper and presentation.  Specifically, more
is needed for or from the following:

- Simulation.  It would be useful to have Qt-developed applications that
simulate a device-based bug-reporting tool for the presentation (better
yet, something functional!)

- Project Silk.  This is the KDE project responsible for bringing web
APIs to Linux devices.  No response yet from the project; I am concerned
it may be defunct

- Ovi.  I have reached out to Nokia to see where Ovi's strengths can be
leveraged more, especially in the area of gaming achievements and
ratings.  No response yet.

- Details.  I am unfamiliar with many specifics needed to support this
effort and could sure use help on fleshing out details!

- Presentation.  I am really looking not just for help but for co-authors
and co-presenter(s).  There's a chance that I will not be able to make it
to Akademy 2010 (I will need sponsorship or for American Airlines to let
me use air miles, which is doubtful right now) so it would be extremely
helpful to have a co-presenter who could deliver the talk.

The talk is designed at a fairly high-level but references MeeGo as the
platform of choice.

Akademy 2010 is 3 July to 10 July in Tampere, Finland.  I do not have a
scheduled date for the talk yet but will keep everyone informed.

Randall (Randy) Arnold
maemo.org community council
blog: http://tabulacrypticum.wordpress.com
cell: +18177396806
irc: Texrat @ irc.freenode.net
twitter: http://twitter.com/texrat
linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/tabletman

[1] http://wiki.meego.com/MeeGo_User_Engagement_Framework_Project
[2]
http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AQAht1tOx2U6ZGRoYmg4eGdfNWNkMjhid2Nm&hl=en

Ovi Mail: Free email account from Nokia
http://mail.ovi.com

Ovi Mail: Get mail on your mobile or the web
http://mail.ovi.com
Re: Fw: [MeeGo-dev] Fw: Akademy talk acceptance (Enhancing User Engagement on Mobile Devices) [ In reply to ]

Thanks.  I had sent an email to a project lead with no response yet
(forgot name), and joined mailing list but have seen no activity and no
response to an email there.  I will follow up.

> > - Details.  I am unfamiliar with many specifics needed to support
this
> > effort and could sure use help on fleshing out details!
>
> If I can help somehow just tell me....

Well, if you get the time, please examine the current materials
(especially whitepaper and draft presentation) and see if you note any
gaps that you can fill or flesh out.

Some background: most of my related work has been in the proprietary
world (VB programming, PDM work, SQL Server and Oracle databases, etc)
and I've only recently begun moving into the open source world.  So where
this project really needs help is in identifying details that support the
high-level concepts proposed.

Details will not be so important for Akademy but they are crucial to the
project.  Process diagramming, identifying useful libraries and services
and related work are needed.

> > - Presentation.  I am really looking not just for help but for
co-authors
> > and co-presenter(s).  There's a chance that I will not be able to
make it to
> > Akademy 2010 (I will need sponsorship or for American Airlines to let
me use
> > air miles, which is doubtful right now) so it would be extremely
helpful to
> > have a co-presenter who could deliver the talk.
>
> I'm probably giving a talk about plasma-mobile with another kde
> developer. If you need help I can also provide some on this topic :)

Great!  I am going to do my best to make it.  Just not easy on my poor
budget...

Randy

Ovi Mail: Making email access easy
http://mail.ovi.com