I have the following for LVS.

rr persistent 3600

I need to drop a server out for maintenance. I have already dropped the weight to 0. Its taking forever for the ActiveConn to drop to 0.

I would like to ask, after dropping the weight, is there a way to force or politely get the maintenance server out.

Googling shows http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.persistent_connection.html

If I read correctly I need to /proc/sys/net/ipv4/vs/expire_nodest_conn to 1.

Thanks
Brent

Re: [lvs-users] LVS persistance woes. [ In reply to ]
Hi,
Instead of changing weight to 0 set active = 0 and restart the service.

Regards

Re: [lvs-users] LVS persistance woes. [ In reply to ]
Hiya

Thank you for replying.

Im embarrassed to say and ask. Please could you elaborate / explain more.

If I can just echo something in the kernel. Please will you show and help me.

quiescent=yes in my ldirectord.cf

Kind Regards
Brent Clark