org.apache.lucene.codecs.BlockTreeTermsReader$FieldReader$SegmentTermsEnum$Frame.loadBlock(BlockTreeTermsReader.java:2373)
org.apache.lucene.codecs.BlockTreeTermsReader$FieldReader$SegmentTermsEnum.seekExact(BlockTreeTermsReader.java:1693)
org.apache.lucene.index.TermContext.build(TermContext.java:95)
org.apache.lucene.search.TermQuery.createWeight(TermQuery.java:167)
org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanQuery$BooleanWeight.<init>(BooleanQuery.java:187)
org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanQuery.createWeight(BooleanQuery.java:401)
org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.createNormalizedWeight(IndexSearcher.java:664)
org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:309)
RE: unsafe memory access operation [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Which Java 7 build number / update level are you using? Those errors occur easily if you use an outdated JDK version.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de

Re: unsafe memory access operation [ In reply to ]
Here is the info you requested:

java version "1.7.0_25"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.25-b01, mixed mode)

Re: unsafe memory access operation [ In reply to ]
Uwe,

We never seen these errors before with the same version of java. Would you
think updating to latest version of 1.7 would get rid of this?

RE: unsafe memory access operation [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I noticed, you mentioned "NFS" as filesystem. Lucene does not work correctly on NFS as file systems, especially when writing to an index (commits don’t work safely, NRT reopening breaks without correct DeletionPolicy, FileLocking is broken). Purely reading indexes is fine, but here NFS is a problem with MMap, because whenever the connection to the NFS server drops, it may crush the whole JVM or produce strange errors. This could also be the reason for the error you see here.

I would recommend to update to 1.7.0_72 or 1.8.0_25.

Uwe

-----

Re: unsafe memory access operation [ In reply to ]
Ume, Thank you for your inputs. We update (write) index nightly once a day
and use it majorly for reads.

I am wondering how does the latest version of java that you recommend help
in my case. Please clarify.

--
on a side note,not related to this, could you please reply to my comments
on your blog for MMap directory post.

RE: unsafe memory access operation [ In reply to ]
Hi,

> Ume, Thank you for your inputs. We update (write) index nightly once a day
> and use it majorly for reads.
>
> I am wondering how does the latest version of java that you recommend
> help in my case. Please clarify.

This is unrelated to this issue. It is just a recommendation.

> --
> on a side note,not related to this, could you please reply to my comments on
> your blog for MMap directory post.

What was your question?

Uwe