Mailing List Archive

Antw: Re: HA samba?
<CAEDLWG0eas2g9nnOYbLuszNHNq7TCYvX4vfrFT0op485qV4WdA@mail.gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 8:38 AM, Serge Dubrouski <sergeyfd@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> I see how that will get all the locking and user data and that should be
> >> easy enough to configure. But I'm also doing ADS integration instead of
> >> winbind, and that also seems to be a problem as only one node can be
> >> joined to the AD at a time, even with a shared IP. Any suggestions for
> >> that?
> >>

> > Currently there is no official RA for smbd and nmbd daemons.
>
> Really? I thought tim had one. He was heavily into samba at one point.

Hi!

I guess the problem is with the Samba configuration (and "database") files: The LSB scripts use the usual paths. You could use symlinks to redirect those files, but that's not nice to manage. You could write a modified LSB script, or you could use CTDB. I preferred that last solution. Did I miss something important?

Regards,
Ulrich

Re: Antw: Re: HA samba? [ In reply to ]
On 04/27/2012 01:29 AM, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> <CAEDLWG0eas2g9nnOYbLuszNHNq7TCYvX4vfrFT0op485qV4WdA@mail.gmail.com>:

>>> Currently there is no official RA for smbd and nmbd daemons.
>>
>> Really? I thought tim had one. He was heavily into samba at one point.
>
> Hi!
>
> I guess the problem is with the Samba configuration (and "database") files: The LSB scripts use the usual paths. You could use symlinks to redirect those files, but that's not nice to manage. You could write a modified LSB script, or you could use CTDB. I preferred that last solution. Did I miss something important?
>
> Regards,
> Ulrich

I would much rather not add CTDB if I can help it. It seems that would
add another layer of complexity to an already complex situation. If
it's not absolutely necessary, I'd like to avoid it. I've got the db
files on shared storage, so I'm hoping I can make that route work.

Thanks.
Seth