Mailing List Archive

Pacemaker 1.1.7 build failed.
Hi,
I am upgrading the HA packages to the higher versions. The build failed of
Pacemaker, with the following error:

cc1: warnings being treated as errors
lrm.c: In function delete_rsc_entry:
lrm.c:917: warning: implicit declaration of function g_hash_table_iter_remove
lrm.c:917: warning: nested extern declaration of g_hash_table_iter_remove
gmake[1]: *** [lrm.o] Error 1

If the -Werror is removed from Makefile, then the build fails at linking:

lrm.o: In function `delete_rsc_entry':
ClusterLabs-pacemaker-ee0730e/crmd/lrm.c:917: undefined reference to
`g_hash_table_iter_remove'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[1]: *** [crmd] Error 1

The version of glib used: glib-2.32.2

The version of the other packages that are used (build from source):

1) Corosync : 1.4.3
2) Reusable Cluster Glue Components : 1.0.9
3) Resource Agents : Version Unknown (Picked up the latest source code)
4) Heartbeat : 3.0.5
5) Pacemaker : 1.1.7

Platform:
-> OS: Oracle Enterprise Linux (OEL) 5.8

Checked the config logs,
The macro USE_GHASH_COMPAT is set to 1 (it appears from configure.ac that it is
the default value set).
Hence the glib hash table compatible functions defined in crm/common/util.h are
being used.
The function "g_hash_table_iter_remove" () hasn't been defined in the above
file.

Could anybody provide some help in this regard ?

Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org
Re: Pacemaker 1.1.7 build failed. [ In reply to ]
On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 4:26 PM, Parshvi <parshvi.17@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am upgrading the HA packages to the higher versions. The build failed of
> Pacemaker, with the following error:
>
> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> lrm.c: In function delete_rsc_entry:
> lrm.c:917: warning: implicit declaration of function g_hash_table_iter_remove
> lrm.c:917: warning: nested extern declaration of g_hash_table_iter_remove
> gmake[1]: *** [lrm.o] Error 1
>
> If the -Werror is removed from Makefile, then the build fails at linking:
>
> lrm.o: In function `delete_rsc_entry':
> ClusterLabs-pacemaker-ee0730e/crmd/lrm.c:917: undefined reference to
> `g_hash_table_iter_remove'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> gmake[1]: *** [crmd] Error 1
>
> The version of glib used: glib-2.32.2

Too old apparently.

Re: Pacemaker 1.1.7 build failed. [ In reply to ]

Re: Pacemaker 1.1.7 build failed. [ In reply to ]
Andrew Beekhof <andrew@...> writes:

> On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 4:26 PM, Parshvi <parshvi.17@...> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am upgrading the HA packages to the higher versions. The build failed of
> > Pacemaker, with the following error:
> >
> > cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> > lrm.c: In function delete_rsc_entry:
> > lrm.c:917: warning: implicit declaration of function g_hash_table_iter_remove
> > lrm.c:917: warning: nested extern declaration of g_hash_table_iter_remove
> > gmake[1]: *** [lrm.o] Error 1
> >

> > The version of glib used: glib-2.32.2
>
> Too old apparently.

Thanks Andrew for your response.
Should I take that the error is due to the (old) version of glib ?
Also, could you suggest which version of glib is required by pacemaker 1.1.7 for
the build to complete.

Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org
Re: Pacemaker 1.1.7 build failed. [ In reply to ]
On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 4:21 PM, Parshvi <parshvi.17@gmail.com> wrote:
> Andrew Beekhof <andrew@...> writes:
>

>> On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 4:26 PM, Parshvi <parshvi.17@...> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > I am upgrading the HA packages to the higher versions. The build failed of
>> > Pacemaker, with the following error:
>> >
>> > cc1: warnings being treated as errors
>> > lrm.c: In function delete_rsc_entry:
>> > lrm.c:917: warning: implicit declaration of function g_hash_table_iter_remove
>> > lrm.c:917: warning: nested extern declaration of g_hash_table_iter_remove
>> > gmake[1]: *** [lrm.o] Error 1
>> >

>> > The version of glib used: glib-2.32.2
>>
>> Too old apparently.
>>
> Thanks Andrew for your response.
> Should I take that the error is due to the (old) version of glib ?
> Also, could you suggest which version of glib is required by pacemaker 1.1.7 for
> the build to complete.

According to http://developer.gnome.org/glib/stable/glib-Hash-Tables.html#g-hash-table-iter-remove
, the function has existed since 2.16 - which is much older than what
you have.
I'm personally building with 2.30 which is also older.

Are you sure you are building against the newer version of glib and
not what comes from OEL?

Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org
Re: Pacemaker 1.1.7 build failed. [ In reply to ]