I would like to know if it's possible use vlan interface for a cluster network?

Thanks

Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org
Re: vlan tag for a cluster [ In reply to ]
On Apr 24, 2012, at 5:40 AM, emmanuel segura wrote:

> I would like to know if it's possible use vlan interface for a cluster network?

It is. VLAN interfaces are handled by the Linux networking layer below Pacemaker, so there's no difference from Pacemaker's perspective. Once you have created the VLAN interface, direct corosync to bind to it with the bindnetaddr option in corosync.conf. See vconfig(8). The method used for automatically creating VLAN interfaces at boot varies by distribution.

Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org
Re: vlan tag for a cluster [ In reply to ]
Hello Phillip

Thanks :-)

Re: vlan tag for a cluster [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 24 April 2012 09:40:41 emmanuel segura wrote:
> I would like to know if it's possible use vlan interface for a cluster
> network?

Anything working at and above the IP-layer can't know anything about vlans or
be in any way affected by it.
So, yes, pacemaker/corosync doesn't care whether it is communicating via
vlan2, eth0:2, br2 or eth0. It doesn't care if its the pc that attaches the
vlan-tag or if its the switch (as untagged packets on the port can become
tagged in the switch and leave on other ports either as tagged or untagged).

Have fun,

Arnold
Re: vlan tag for a cluster [ In reply to ]
Thanks :-) Arnold