Mailing List Archive

move the DC
Hi,

is there an easy way to move the DC from one
node to another - without shutting down the current DC node ?

Karl

--
Karl Rößmann Tel. +49-711-689-1657
Max-Planck-Institut FKF Fax. +49-711-689-1632
Postfach 800 665
70506 Stuttgart email K.Roessmann@fkf.mpg.de

_______________________________________________
Pacemaker mailing list: Pacemaker@oss.clusterlabs.org
http://oss.clusterlabs.org/mailman/listinfo/pacemaker

Project Home: http://www.clusterlabs.org
Getting started: http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/Cluster_from_Scratch.pdf
Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org
Re: move the DC [ In reply to ]
> Hi,
>
> is there an easy way to move the DC from one
> node to another - without shutting down the current DC node ?
>
> Karl

Why do you want to do this. Don't you like the computer where it is running
now? The location of the DC is completely irrelevant to the cluster.

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
Guardinistr. 63
81375 München

Tel: (0163) 172 50 98
Re: move the DC [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 9:37 AM, Karl Rößmann <K.Roessmann@fkf.mpg.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there an easy way to move the DC from one
> node to another - without shutting down the current DC node ?

Let's assume that you have a reason to do this. You can set maintenance-mode
to true, restart the corosync/heartbeat on the DC node and any nodes you
don't want to be DC. Then set the maintenance-mode to false, when all nodes
are online again.

Rasto

--
Dipl.-Ing. Rastislav Levrinc
rasto.levrinc@gmail.com
Linux Cluster Management Console
http://lcmc.sf.net/

_______________________________________________
Pacemaker mailing list: Pacemaker@oss.clusterlabs.org
http://oss.clusterlabs.org/mailman/listinfo/pacemaker

Project Home: http://www.clusterlabs.org
Getting started: http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/Cluster_from_Scratch.pdf
Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org
Re: move the DC [ In reply to ]
Quoting Michael Schwartzkopff <misch@clusterbau.com>:

>> Hi,
>>
>> is there an easy way to move the DC from one
>> node to another - without shutting down the current DC node ?
>>
>> Karl
>
> Why do you want to do this. Don't you like the computer where it is running
> now? The location of the DC is completely irrelevant to the cluster.
>
I'm updating 3-node clusters node by node (SuSE recommends this way)
I thought it might be better to move the DC to the first updated node
before updating the other two nodes.
> --
> Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
> Guardinistr. 63
> 81375 München
>
> Tel: (0163) 172 50 98
>



--
Karl Rößmann Tel. +49-711-689-1657
Max-Planck-Institut FKF Fax. +49-711-689-1632
Postfach 800 665
70506 Stuttgart email K.Roessmann@fkf.mpg.de
Re: move the DC [ In reply to ]
> Quoting Michael Schwartzkopff <misch@clusterbau.com>:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> is there an easy way to move the DC from one
> >> node to another - without shutting down the current DC node ?
> >>
> >> Karl
> >
> > Why do you want to do this. Don't you like the computer where it is
> > running now? The location of the DC is completely irrelevant to the
> > cluster.
>
> I'm updating 3-node clusters node by node (SuSE recommends this way)
> I thought it might be better to move the DC to the first updated node
> before updating the other two nodes.

Not nescessary during the upgrade.

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
Guardinistr. 63
81375 München

Tel: (0163) 172 50 98